• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Upgrades at G&GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
In Advanced mode, the 7 right hand icons above the edit box (Wrap Special through to Wrap Image) have broken pictures.

(not that I know what to do with them!!)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
cheers Riddler, that's a relic of the wiki, still pissing aorund with this!

Novocastrian

Herbert Moran (7)
Here's a wierd one - if I click into the Grassroots forum it always has the oldest threads showing on the page, whereas on the Rugby forum it lists the threads with the most recent posts?

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
This only seems to happen in the Rugby Discussion sub-forum.

The "Mark This Forum Read" option under the "Forum Tools" drop down menu doesn't work.
If you right click on it and chose "Open in new tab/window" then it works.
It seems to work properly in all the other sub-forums.

Attachments

• Mark Forums Read.png
    Mark Forums Read.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 242

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Here's a wierd one - if I click into the Grassroots forum it always has the oldest threads showing on the page, whereas on the Rugby forum it lists the threads with the most recent posts?
Looks like I had the sort order back to front in Grassroots, should be better now.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Ok

Are the Smileys going to return?
When I "Go Advanced" I lose the formatting icons

Ok this is a strange one. Seems there are three different "Advanced" modes selectable from the "Forum Actions", "General Settings" menu. I haven't had time to try them all out so if someone gets a chance to point out the differences then I could set all users to the best one.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Was full WYSIWYG, now changed to .... not the simple one, the other one.....
Following are all the smileys from the right of the text box.

:eek: :) :( :confused: :mad:
:p ;) :D :rolleyes: :cool:
:eek: :vickerman: :thumb :tahman: :snk:
:rogers: :lmao: :robinson2: :nta: :mckenzie:
:horne: :angryfire: :'( :halangahu: :freier:
:frans >:D :yay :fishing :-\
::) :-X O0 :-[ :baxter:
:dunning: ??? :robinson: 8) :nau:

Looks like some work (sort of) and some don't for me. The first 11 work, although the shocked smiley shows as :eek:

Mght have them uploaded as a custom smily set for certain levels on the board?

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Another small "feature request". When you click on New Posts, sure enough you get presented with all the thread titles that you havent yet viewed (or marked as read). However, if you then read a couple of the threads and then click on New Posts again, you are still presented with the same lists of threads, albeit with the ones that have just been read in normal font, not bold. Can anything be (easily) done to take these read threads out of the list altogether?

Make sense?

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Hey Moses,

Slightly tipsy, but I had a look through and cant find a "replacement avatars for dummies". How do I get my Avatar back, and while I'm at it, how do I add " Love him or hate him, world's best ever winger" at the signature?

Yes I know, IT illiterate...showing my age.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Hey Moses,

Slightly tipsy, but I had a look through and cant find a "replacement avatars for dummies". How do I get my Avatar back, and while I'm at it, how do I add " Love him or hate him, world's best ever winger" at the signature?

Yes I know, IT illiterate...showing my age.
Avatar sorted, signature should show up from your next post.

Btw, what are your Brisbane Premiership / Shute Shield / Super 14 / International team preferences (if you want their icons in the bottom right of your posts?)

C

Coach

Moses said:
Btw, what are your Brisbane Premiership / Shute Shield ...

When you gonna add Perth premiership, or next year Melbourne Premiership?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
When you gonna add Perth premiership, or next year Melbourne Premiership?
If we had a thread discussing the Perth premiership similar to shute shield and bpc threads then i'd consider it, currently I don't see the interest in that comp to justify the work.

The ACT local comp or Sydney subbies would be more likely at this stage I reckon. I don't really want icons @ 40px right along the bottom either, will cause issues on low res screens

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Just got the login working for Internet Explorer.. ended up disabling the menu and now it's showing....

Status
Not open for further replies.