• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Upgrades at G&GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Moses,
I use IE at work (I know, it sucks balls, but have no choice) and I don't even have the link at top left to the blog at all. I have no link anywhere on the page for the blog.
On my home computer (Mac) with Firefox I had the problem I mentioned before but that now seems to work.
By the way, love the tapatalk on the phone - when I have good reception it works a dream!!
That was my temporary fix to allow IE users to login, I completely removed the menu for IE only. I'm working on a new header / menu that should support IE, just gotta find the time to implement.
Tapatalk is awesome, I'm using it all the time now ;)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
How do you do that?
I added BBCode for Google spreadsheets. To use it,

1. Make a google spreadsheet
2. Set it to be visible to everyone
3. Go to 'Share', then 'Publish as a Web Page'
4. Change the publish option to 'HTML to embed'
5. Copy the key from the embed code, shown in bold for the trobs here:
<iframe width='500' height='300' frameborder='0' src='https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AuKB8Civ33YudG5tR0xWSGcwelpiNWFGVHNiU2NZdVE&hl=en&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>

6. Place the embed code in excel tags [noparse][excel]0AuKB8Civ33YudG5tR0xWSGcwelpiNWFGVHNiU2NZdVE[/excel][/noparse]

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Doesnt appear to work here in the default mode either. Clicking on "View First Unread" still only takes me a couple of posts down the page, not to my first Unread Post.
Strange.. it works for me about how I'd expect, not that I use "View First Unread" as I generally click "New" from the New Posts page or click the "goto last post" from the thread index.

Anyone else noticing trouble with "View First Unread" ?

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Strange.. it works for me about how I'd expect, not that I use "View First Unread" as I generally click "New" from the New Posts page or click the "goto last post" from the thread index.

Anyone else noticing trouble with "View First Unread" ?

Perhaps its me that's got the wrong. My understanding of the functionality was that when I opened up a thread containing unread posts, clicking on the link would take me to the first post in that thread that I have not yet seen/read. In some cases, this can often be a number of posts back from what is currently the the last post. I didnt think it had anything to do with the actual unread threads themselves.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
That's how I'd reckon it works.. I can remove it all together if that helps?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I just upgraded the forum and wiki, please let me know if anything is not working.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I only tried it for the first time today. I wasn't certain I had the address right.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I've been getting a message Bad Gateway all week using FF (Folau Fainga'a) under Windows. At home on the Mac with the same browser it's absolutely fine. Fine also with IE8 (spit) under Windows.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Seems the mobile theme for the front page was disabled, should be going again now.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I had an idea for an upgrade, but it may be unfeasible and I'm not sure if the technology exists.

When agreeing with large posts, it's sometimes hard for others to tell what you're agreeing with. Maybe a feature could be added where you agree with the post, and then highlight the particular phase you agree with. This would be displayed then when a user hovers the mouse over the text citing "The Konze agrees" (for example).

Is this doable? Very much pie in the sky stuff.

Watto

Frank Row (1)
New to GAGR and from Adelaide, (but originally from NSW so I haven't got the extra fingers:)) I was wondering what is the chance of incorporating the South Australian First Grade teams into the listings. I want to try and promote SA Rugby as much as possible. Thankfully we have the 7s in a few weeks time otherwise Rugby is a very small thing in this AFL dominated state.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Watto welcome to the site.

Mate have a look at our grassroots section, why don't you start by listing teams there? Alternatively, our in our Ruggapedia section, were slowly adding grassroots stuff and you could post there.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
New to GAGR and from Adelaide, (but originally from NSW so I haven't got the extra fingers:)) I was wondering what is the chance of incorporating the South Australian First Grade teams into the listings. I want to try and promote SA Rugby as much as possible. Thankfully we have the 7s in a few weeks time otherwise Rugby is a very small thing in this AFL dominated state.

Are you hooked up with a club Watto?

Watto

Frank Row (1)
Thanks guys for the info and the options. I'll start to post SA Rugby club info and links in the Grassroots section. I've been involved with the mighty Southern Suburbs RUFC since I arrived in Adelaide in 97 as a player, coach, manager and committee as well as having 2 sons playing at the club. My 16 y.o. son is now in Brisbane at Churchies on a rugby scholarship (for boarding and tuition) for years 11 and 12 so I now have to start learning about Qld rugby especially GPS schoolboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.