• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

W9: Force v Highlanders, HBF Park Saturday 22 April

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok fellas been away, so missed this game (caught the one before), is it worth watching, daughter was pretty down on game ths morning when I asked her. By the way, it was correct result for mt picks to make it 4/4 for weekend, I had no surprise that Force won!!

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
yeah worth watching if you Australian. Force run away at the start, landers claw it back in the middle - force then run away with it.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Ok fellas been away, so missed this game (caught the one before), is it worth watching, daughter was pretty down on game ths morning when I asked her. By the way, it was correct result for mt picks to make it 4/4 for weekend, I had no surprise that Force won!!
Same for me

Attachments

• 26B59206-657C-4D3C-B4F8-DF380E2A2019.jpeg
    26B59206-657C-4D3C-B4F8-DF380E2A2019.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 67

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
yeah worth watching if you Australian. Force run away at the start, landers claw it back in the middle - force then run away with it.
Well I a kiwi, but game results aren't decide whether it worth watching, just watch all good rugby.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
did Cron just fuck his subs up?

He took RWV off for a replacement hooker
A replacement hooker who played a blinder as it turns out. So no, he did the right thing taking off a tiring player who had given his all, and replaced him with a fresh player who gave his all.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Good old east coast elitest haha tahs 10th but higher on the ladder lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230424_125336_Facebook.png
    Screenshot_20230424_125336_Facebook.png
    326.5 KB · Views: 52

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
A replacement hooker who played a blinder as it turns out. So no, he did the right thing taking off a tiring player who had given his all, and replaced him with a fresh player who gave his all.
Don't agree with this take at all. In my recollection, Kaituu came on while Horton was in the bin, and a hooker was needed on field for a scrum. Warren-Vaisayaco was the player to come off to allow Kaituu on the ground. IIRC, at that time W-V hadn't been on for much of the game as he had been a replacement himself and he was certainly one of the better performing forwards and not showing, to me at least, any signs of weariness. When the Bin time was up, Horton came back on and Kaituu stayed on. That was simply an error in my book. Horton had had a forgettable game up til then and had nowhere near the impact W-V had on the game.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Don't agree with this take at all. In my recollection, Kaituu came on while Horton was in the bin, and a hooker was needed on field for a scrum. Warren-Vaisayaco was the player to come off to allow Kaituu on the ground. IIRC, at that time W-V hadn't been on for much of the game as he had been a replacement himself and he was certainly one of the better performing forwards and not showing, to me at least, any signs of weariness. When the Bin time was up, Horton came back on and Kaituu stayed on. That was simply an error in my book. Horton had had a forgettable game up til then and had nowhere near the impact W-V had on the game.
No there had not been a scrum since the Horton card. There had been one lineout thrown by Madero. Kaituu subed on to throw the lineout 10 out

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Captain Michael Wells on Ollie Callan.
"Ollie has now been released from hospital, and is in good spirits. He does not have a major neck injury. Callan will aim to return to play this Super Rugby Season.
We thank everyone for wishing him a speedy recovery, we’re so grateful for our Sea of Blue"

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Captain Michael Wells on Ollie Callan.
"Ollie has now been released from hospital, and is in good spirits. He does not have a major neck injury. Callan will aim to return to play this Super Rugby Season.
We thank everyone for wishing him a speedy recovery, we’re so grateful for our Sea of Blue"
That's great news. Watching the game, and the two apparently serious injuries, made me wonder whether the playing surface was too hard.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
That's great news. Watching the game, and the two apparently serious injuries, made me wonder whether the playing surface was too hard.
I wondered the same on the night but I don’t think so, the injuries were just unfortunate accidents. It was the first game on the new hybrid synthetic surface installed for the Women‘s Football World Cup and it at half time there was a lot of maintenance going on.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

“I watched the game that Nic Berry refereed the other day, and his arm is out the whole time. Every single play, there's an advantage. Then, you know, we're going to go seven, eight phases and if it goes nowhere, we're going to come back and it’s going to be a penalty. Then, 30 seconds to kick the ball and another 40 seconds for the lineout to happen. It's going to be a drive that's going to collapse, and It's going to be an arm coming out. It’s going to come back to another penalty. Kick to touch, another drive. Then a yellow card comes out because they do it again.”
“I turned off the first time in my life at halftime,”
“I've come out and spoken publicly around the lineout drive and mauls in particular,” Smith said. "I reckon one thing that would fix that is if you get a penalty and a kick to touch the other team gets their throw-in.
boom-mind-blown.gif

"That would stop all these incessant kicks down into the corner and driving mauls and mauls falling over and then another one and then another one."