• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Could Hooper play Sevens like Samu? The answer is no. Cause he signed a contract with Rugby Australia and he has to do everything that they say. He plays half of the Super Rugby season and has to do every advertisement and go to every Media Press Conference.

20220802-084806.jpg

Give Kerevi a similar contract and that what's gonna happen. So yes, is the ARU fault. Cut the payment of other players less importants than him. They talk in Media about signing NRL superstars, first step, secure your own values then think about the next Johnathan Thurston that you can't afford
Looks like a ready made No 12 replacement.;):p

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yes which is why IMO this is a non-issue. Folau was going to attract kids to the game in a Waratahs or Wallabies jersey not a club jersey.

Club affiliation matters. Not very much, maybe. But I can remember George Smith in his heyday at a second grade Grand Final, with all his Manly mates. Matt Hodgson played for my club, Eastwood, and we have a good relationship with the Force. That is worth something. Back a lot of years I managed to get a few retired Wallabies to attend a dinner in Campbelltown for the local rugby club. TPN's involvement with Parramatta still continues, I believe.

These a just a handful of examples of why Folau's affiliation could have mattered, if he had wanted it to. That said, maybe his association with Sydney Uni was good publicity for our game.

There would be thousands of small relationships that make our game what it is.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
These a just a handful of examples of why Folau's affiliation could have mattered, if he had wanted it to. That said, maybe his association with Sydney Uni was good publicity for our game.

There would be thousands of small relationships that make our game what it is.
I’d bet an Emus session with him there would’ve done wonders for the club…..
If he hadn’t affiliated with Uni

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So who's going to get the nod at 12, Paisami seems the favorite, but I just don't understand bringing in Simone if you're not going to play him...

I'd go Paisami... if that's worth anything.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Its got to be Paisami for the first test you would think. He has a well rounded game and he is better than he was when he started in test rugby. He just needs to reign it in a bit and hold on to the pill rather than kicking or throwing a speculator in 50-50 situations.
He also has a lot more test experience than either other candidate.
He will be fine. He gets rough treatment here but a couple of years ago when we had no-one he was the messiah. Get behind him.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Depends if they want to attempt to replicate their attacking structure or change things up.

You’d imagine Cooper being back will mean slightly different tactics.

I can see JOC (James O'Connor) getting a nod at some stage as well.

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I’d bet an Emus session with him there would’ve done wonders for the club…..
If he hadn’t affiliated with Uni

One thing we can see in his record (played NRL, hopped to AFL, hopped to rugby and did the dirty on us) is that he does not have any sense of loyalty. I doubt he would have done anything for the Emus (or Uni) unless there was something in it for him.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
One thing we can see in his record (played NRL, hopped to AFL, hopped to rugby and did the dirty on us) is that he does not have any sense of loyalty. I doubt he would have done anything for the Emus (or Uni) unless there was something in it for him.
Absolutely agree. Probably should have put it as “IF????” He showed up to an Emus session.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Interestingly, Paisami seems the favourite for 12, who has played 13 all season outside Stewart, whereas both Simone and Foketi played 12 and had excellent seasons. 2022 has been the best season I've seen Simone play, and I think he was unlucky to miss the squad initially and agree with some, I think his leaving was a factor. Personally don't see either Simone or Foketi are far ahead of each other.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why ?

EDIT:- Other then his leaving, I dont think his had a better season, or brings anything more then Simone.
Well maybe I've got this wrong but Foketi was in the squad first, then Simone came in for Kerevi leaving to do the 7s. Plus he played Aus A recently, has more match fitness.