• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Simone has had a few chances where he did not capitalise. I’d have Foketi ahead of Simone but Paisami well in front of both.

Simone has only played two tests, in 2020: his first, a starting debut (along with Lolesio) against the All Blacks, and a bench cameo in a draw against Argentina.

Last year he wasn't good enough to be considered...

He was, in my opinion, the form Aus 12 in Super Rugby this year, but since he's going overseas and unlikely to be considered for a foreign player exemption going forward, I don't think it's worth playing him unless the others go down on this tour.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I think Cheika is going to have the Argies up and pumped, we are going to be against it
“I’ll never coach against the Wallabies” Cheika! Well you can take his word with a grain of salt…
And yes, I reckon he will have the Argies ready for an ambush…

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Simone has had a few chances where he did not capitalise. I’d have Foketi ahead of Simone but Paisami well in front of both.

Actually I like both Foketi and Simone ahead of Paisami. I think both Foketi and Simone had much better Super XV season's. Both have made large improvements this year. Paisami seems the same player he was last year. You know what you get from him and I don't think it's quite enough. This is one of the positions I think it's worth picking on potential given the lack of depth after Kerevi, which means Foketi is my choice (given Simone is heading overseas anyway).

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Simone has only played two tests, in 2020: his first, a starting debut (along with Lolesio) against the All Blacks, and a bench cameo in a draw against Argentina.

Last year he wasn't good enough to be considered...

He was, in my opinion, the form Aus 12 in Super Rugby this year, but since he's going overseas and unlikely to be considered for a foreign player exemption going forward, I don't think it's worth playing him unless the others go down on this tour.

My thoughts exactly. Simone had a superb season, his timing on heading overseas has hurt him for sure.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Foketi maybe slightly better on the runs, Simone slightly more skillful with the ball. As mentioned previously, Simone leaving might tip the scales to Foketi.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Foketi maybe slightly better on the runs, Simone slightly more skillful with the ball. As mentioned previously, Simone leaving might tip the scales to Foketi.
i think the question is whether simone's form warrants a giteau place. personally i dont think so, and foketi looked good in the A's.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
So if you want to play an NFL rushing style, pick Foketi but I don't see Rennie as an bold coach when he picks players. He has been pretty consertive so far, so I expect to see Leota at 6, White at 9 and Paisami at 12 for the first game

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
One chance, really, against NZ. He also got around 15 off the bench against Argentina and instantly looked our best back.

Then deposited right into the bin.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
As long as Vunivalu doesn't sit at 23 and then get 3 minutes after the game is lost. Don't know what the fuck Rennie was thinking with that little maneuver.

I hope Vunivalu gets a few starts

RA and the QRU didn’t throw him a new contract just because they felt like it - clearly they see value in him leading into the RWC.

We know Vunivalu would have other offers on the table as well, so you’d think there is a plan to get him playing some decent minutes