• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I like Petaia at 13. He can break tackles and offload, has great speed and is sound defensively. I’m sure Rennie will be looking to BT to play Paisami at 12 as much as possible and next year and Jock Campbell is a decent Super Rugby fullback. Petaia slots back in at 13.
Petaia outside Kerevi? Yes please.
Its a great shame we didn't get to see more of this combo in Kerevi's last season.

Reactions: dru

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
2022 Super Rugby season will provide better insight on Petaia. If injuries continue it will be fair to say he’s exhausted his opportunities, whilst the other contenders continue to strengthen and gain momentum.
Petaia has had three disruptive season with injury and obviously the death of his father. I hope he comes home strong physically and mentally in 2022.
Yep and really all those disruptions are things out of his control. I don’t know though if you can say exhausted his opportunities as still good player (and likely always to be in the mix for wallaby squad) but more injuries may hamper him realising his potential to be a great player.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Mate - can you deleted this. Rule is don’t post about games on the general threads for 24 hrs
Its not about the test. More looking forward to the Wallabies in 2022 in general and what we have learned about the side lately.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It is about the test. I don’t really want to get in a fight. I’m not trying to be a dick. It’s a good, reasoned post. Just save it and put it in the match thread or up tomorrow.
Obviously not. Who do you think you are…….my mother? The post referenced priorities for moving forward in 2022. What’s this thread about again? Oh yeah, Wallabies 2022.
So you or one of your old boys deletes the post. Fucking joke………

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Obviously not. Who do you think you are…….my mother? The post referenced priorities for moving forward in 2022. What’s this thread about again? Oh yeah, Wallabies 2022.

I did. Settle down. You alluded to the outcome of the test. it's a clear no. Do some deep breathing and see if you can post it again without mentioning the test. Or just wait a day or two

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Not sure why your so upset. My post wasn’t insulting or inflammatory. I just asked you to follow the rules because I know what it is like to get up to watch a replay, jump on a thread you think is safe and read a post like yours which clearly indicated the result.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
My 2 cents worth - I avoid the forum completely if I’m not watching a game live (assuming I don’t want to know the result), but I think it’s reasonable to assume that if I go to a thread titled ‘Wallabies 2022’ after the game is played, but before I’ve watched the replay there is in all likelihood going to be some reference to said game. It’s common sense to avoid this thread.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Sure. That’s a fair enough observation and I had watched this mornings game before I jumped on. But there is also a clear forum rule. It was a simple enough request. If Joe had deleted his first 2 sentences there wasn’t a problem.

Edit: and the only reason I asked at all was because I figure a lot of people aren’t aware of the rule so it is a simple awareness issue. I’ve been guilty myself in the past and got a similiar request.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I avoid it also, but the rules exists so people expect that spoilers won’t be posted in other threads, if the rule didn’t exist then people wouldn’t have that expectation. .

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not sure why your so upset. My post wasn’t insulting or inflammatory. I just asked you to follow the rules because I know what it is like to get up to watch a replay, jump on a thread you think is safe and read a post like yours which clearly indicated the result.
I’m not upset. It clearly did not state the result or anything else specifically about the test. It was predominantly about the OS players including QC (Quade Cooper) and Kerevi and about positions we needed to sure up next season. Didn’t think I was giving anything away.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Fair enough. I’m leaving it there. Like I said - wasn’t trying to be a dick or have a crack at you.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
My 2 cents worth - I avoid the forum completely if I’m not watching a game live (assuming I don’t want to know the result), but I think it’s reasonable to assume that if I go to a thread titled ‘Wallabies 2022’ after the game is played, but before I’ve watched the replay there is in all likelihood going to be some reference to said game. It’s common sense to avoid this thread.

Yeh your basically walking a tightrope if you're jumping into a rugby forum before watching the game. Craziness.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If calculations are correct WBs remain in top 10 but have fallen out of the top 5 - to 6th place. Seems about right, even if somewhat disappointing.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
If calculations are correct WBs remain in top 10 but have fallen out of the top 5 - to 6th place. Seems about right, even if somewhat disappointing.
E6C8AB22-14D8-4068-BDE8-9531F8C2BEC0.png

Reactions: dru

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
JB you are just like a broken record about Jordan. Repetitious and a little annoying. Give it a rest until he can string a few games together, please.