• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Hogie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Vunivalu for me could have the attributes of a top full back, but first needs to master the wing spot before any change can even be considered. He will also be well down the list of 15s at the Reds for next couple of years with Campbell, Petaia, Grealy and now Aubrey coming through

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Vunivalu for me could have the attributes of a top full back, but first needs to master the wing spot before any change can even be considered. He will also be well down the list of 15s at the Reds for next couple of years with Campbell, Petaia, Grealy and now Aubrey coming through
Yep stick him on the wing, I want him not having to think too much yet and just scoring tries and causing teams dramas.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
So is the Forum backline shaping up as

10 Cooper
11 Koroibeti
12 Kerevi
13 Pasami/Ikatau
14 Vunivalu
15 Kellaway

Outside

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

10 Cooper
11 Koroibeti
12 Kerevi
13 Pasami/Ikatau
14 Vunivalu
15 Kellaway

Outside
Pretty good team, but we now have another season of Super to see who gets the spots.. one thing we all know, is that change will happen.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

10 Cooper
11 Koroibeti
12 Kerevi
13 Pasami/Ikatau
14 Vunivalu
15 Kellaway

Outside
I think you really need to start thinking about it more as a squad given how long test seasons are and how many injuries players seem to get these days.

For example, i think our centres should consist of some combination of Perese, Paisami, Ikitau and, if available, Kerevi.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I'll be interested to see if Cooper can hold his form in 2022.

I thought he was great for the Wallabies, but is he coming off a very positive and productive season in Japan. His team were playing in the second division but now I believe they've been promoted up to Div 1, or maybe it's a whole new competition, I read somewhere about that.

Anyway my point being, Cooper is a big confidence player. His skills have never really failed him, but his execution has. Lets hope he keeps his club side on the skywards trajectory and then carries that form into the international season next year.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
30A33078-4DCF-426E-B859-A258EF51833C.jpeg
30A33078-4DCF-426E-B859-A258EF51833C.jpeg

this seems good

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Can only assume they mean Matt Phillip scored 13.8 points per game in 2020, and Koroibete scored 25.4 points per game in 2021..
Jeez Koroibete will be a loss!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Another way of looking at it is the Wallabies lost 33% of games in 2020, but lost 50% of games in 2021

Or they only won 16.6% of games in 2020 but 50% in 2021.

I like counting draws as half a win. It works better in the stats and this is how all the win percentages do it in terms of comparing records.

Hogie

Allen Oxlade (6)

10 Cooper
11 Koroibeti
12 Kerevi
13 Pasami/Ikatau
14 Vunivalu
15 Kellaway

Outside
No issue with this back line. My preference is keeping Kellaway at 14 as the second fullback option but that requires someone stepping up at 15. Games in NH also showed that with JOC (James O'Connor) as only kicker our penalty kicks to touch and clear out kick metres were much lower than opposition. This is where Banks and Hodge have value. In saying this Ikitau seems to have a good boot on him and maybe a weapon that he can develop for penalty kicks to touch, similar to Slade for Exeter and England.