• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wallabies vs South Africa on 3 Sep set to take place at the new Sydney Football Stadium, but NRL have won the race to be the first event played there. Roosters vs Rabbitohs will be played on 2 Sep.
They have until the 1st of June to confirm it's at the SFS, or I may be booking myself in to something that has me in Melbourne that weekend. If it's not the SFS I'm definitely going to Melbourne.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
was more in reference to his form over the past 24 months at Super Rugby and Test level, he has noticeably dropped off form where he used to be.. not just about the past two weeks.
Yeah, agree but his got a pretty good block now too prove his over his niggles and in form, if he does that I can see him getting selected.

Maybe not, and Slipper will stay LHP and we will look for THP reserve.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Wallabies vs South Africa on 3 Sep set to take place at the new Sydney Football Stadium, but NRL have won the race to be the first event played there. Roosters vs Rabbitohs will be played on 2 Sep.
Is that confirmed? I saw Buzz Rothfield did a write up on it, but in a hotly contested pack of dickhead NRL pundits he’s right at the top, so I’m waiting for final confirmation.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Is that confirmed? I saw Buzz Rothfield did a write up on it, but in a hotly contested pack of dickhead NRL pundits he’s right at the top, so I’m waiting for final confirmation.
Nah neither match is confirmed yet, so might still be negotiating or holding out a bit longer to confirm the stadium will actually be open by then. Or maybe NSW Govt just waiting for appropriate time to make it a PR announcment.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Eloff should be fine, he arrived some time in 2018 (and as long as he never went back for more than 3 months?)
which means he was 3 year eligible before end of 2021.

Either Eloff or Pone would/should play before Kepu/Hoskins.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
On a serious note, I wouldn’t have Sio in my sqaud at the moment. I agree with Adam - 2 good games isn’t enough to elevate him. But if he keeps this form up for the rest of Super rugby I’d give him serious thought for the third choice option behind Slipper & Bell.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Eloff should be fine, he arrived some time in 2018 (and as long as he never went back for more than 3 months?)
which means he was 3 year eligible before end of 2021.

Either Eloff or Pone would/should play before Kepu/Hoskins.

I dont remember him before 2020, was he playing nrc?

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
Tom Robertson can swing from both sides of the scrum. I would imagine he would be a possibility if required as a bench replacement

but Eloff into the national picture would be good even if he doesn’t get game time yet just to be in there training

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I’d say HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) would be next can off the rank at present behind the main 4. He might even have pushed himself into the 23. Injury and form probably makes the pecking order after that unclear.