• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
Just want to jump in here and drop my predicted XV for the 1st test:

1. James Slipper
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Darcy Swain
5. Caderyn Neville*
6. Rob Leota
7. Michael Hooper (c)
8. Rob Valetini
9. Nic White
10. Quade Cooper
11. Marika Korobeite
12. Samu Kerevi
13. Len Ikitau
14. Andrew Kellaway
15. Jordan Petaia**
16. Dave Porecki
17. Angus Bell
18. AAA
19. Matt Philip
20. Pete Samu
21. Tate McDermott
22. James O'Connor
13. Izaia Perese

*Neville is clearly a favourite of Rennie and from a cohesion perspective would fit in very easily in a Brumbies heavy forward pack. I also think he's the most like-for-like replacement for Rodda we have in the squad and his maul defence combined with Swain is the best in Super Rugby. Furthermore, he's played well over 100 games of professional rugby so it's not like we're throwing an inexperienced player into the cauldron. Give him a go and just let him rip in for 50 then replace him with Philip.
01E67B92-44D3-4E78-905E-2DF62ECFDBD7.png

Called it.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With Quade, Swain, Banks and 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa) (Allan Ala'alatoa) likely out for the next game, what is our 23 now?
Is it not obvious?

Quade - the same as tonight...
Swain - Phillip starts, Frost bench.
Banks - Petaia 15, Perese into #23
7As (Allan Ala'alatoa) - Tupou straight in if fit, if not, Pone bench, Slipper TH.

Pretty sure Holloway is out for a bit, he's been replaced in the squad.

Last edited:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Is it not obvious?

7As (Allan Ala'alatoa) (Allan Ala'alatoa) - Tupou straight in if fit, if not, Pone bench, Slipper TH.

Errrr Petaia came on to the wing so guessing it be Kellaway at the back Petaia on the wing.

Probably Perese to the bench or long shot Vunivalu to start Petaia stay on the bench..

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Is it not obvious?

7As (Allan Ala'alatoa) (Allan Ala'alatoa) - Tupou straight in if fit, if not, Pone bench, Slipper TH.

Yeah, this.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Is it not obvious?

Seems the logical solution but I concur with others that Kel will probably get the 15 gig. And with Quade being an O/S joker what are the chances of either Arnold or Skelton getting called in?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Is it not obvious?

I can't see Kellaway not being selected at 15

I thought he was one of our best, his work at 15 was excellent, safe, composed and smart

His hard work to get into position to just unselfishly get the ball to Petaia is what we need more of

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Seems the logical solution but I concur with others that Kel will probably get the 15 gig. And with Quade being an O/S joker what are the chances of either Arnold or Skelton getting called in?
My understanding is it's 3 per tournament/series, not just 3 at once so I don't know the can swap them in and out like that. Either way I wouldn't be bringing someone else from os in, with no prep with the squad and by the sounds of it not much communication ahead of the series I don't see either being ready for more than a game 3 bench role. Better to give Frost his shot.

Also it sounded last night like Quade might still be ok for game 2/3, but I haven't heard anything concrete yet.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I can't see Kellaway not being selected at 15

I thought he was one of our best, his work at 15 was excellent, safe, composed and smart

His hard work to get into position to just unselfishly get the ball to Petaia what we need more of
Yep Petaia stays at wing, kellaway at fullback.

I am up in the air as to who on the bench between wright, Vunivalu or Perese.

Lock wise interesting as swain been line out caller with rodda out. So Philips and Neville start with holloway or frost on the bench?

Prop wise also interesting assuming AAAs out next week. As our prop stocks are pretty low unless tupou available.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Pleased with my own foresight here - though even I couldn't have predicted how well he would play!
Neville must have thought opportunity for a test cap had passed him by. Happy for him as deserved it. What is interesting is a lot of the combinations Rennie selected following the Ben Darwin principles on team cohension from players from same teams. So nsw / brumbies front row combinations….brumbies starting locks..