• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The Pacific Nations Cup. Pacificaus Sports are the reason this is occurring. Unless NZ want to part with some cash I'm not interested in including them in anything.

Sorry Jimmy, clearly I'm being slow here. What is Pacifica's Sports relationship with Australian rugby?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sorry Jimmy, clearly I'm being slow here. What is Pacifica's Sports relationship with Australian rugby?
Pacificaus Sport is a program from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. It is designed to partner with Australian sporting organisations, giving access to high performance environments to our Pacific brothers and sisters.

It is the whole reason the Drua and Fijiana were able to play in Super Rugby.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Pacificaus Sport is a program from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. It is designed to partner with Australian sporting organisations, giving access to high performance environments to our Pacific brothers and sisters.

OK. Now I get it. Wouldn't investment from DFAT be at an arms length? I new their money was behind Drua/Fijiana but not the name. And I didn't know they were behind the Pacific Nations Cup.

So plenty of strength here from Australia. Still not sure I would turn down ABA - albeit a request for funding wouldn't be silly.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
OK. Now I get it. Wouldn't investment from DFAT be at an arms length? I new their money was behind Drua/Fijiana but not the name. And I didn't know they were behind the Pacific Nations Cup.

So plenty of strength here from Australia. Still not sure I would turn down ABA - albeit a request for funding wouldn't be silly.

it's easily missed.....

PAC.jpg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
PacificAus Sports is a program funded under DFAT by the Australian Government, they’re partnered with Rugby Australia, FFA, NRL and other codes for strategies on how that’s done.

Fijian Drua are sponsored under it, Fijiana participation in Super W was covered under it, likewise all these Pacific Nations Cup, U20s tournaments and 7s tournaments receive significant grants/major sponsors to make it happen.

Reactions: dru

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Cool I new they has dfat support but did not know the programs name it came under. Thanks for that

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Now we have Kellaway injured
Now we have everyone injured.
Fuck me this is some serious casualty, Rennie is going to go down with dysentery next. Cooper, Banks, Aalalatoa, Kellaway, Petaia, Perese, Sio, Neville.

Is Holloway back from Injury? I suspect Leota will become bench cover for lock and either Wilson or Samu will be starting 6.
slipper bench Loose and Pone for a debut? We're seriously low on fullbacks. Rugby championship is looking like a very tough slog.

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
Did anyone get to see Mako Vunipalo’s hit on Caderyn Neville’s knee?
it looked suspiciously like a cannonball tackle from the side.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Did anyone get to see Mako Vunipalo’s hit on Caderyn Neville’s knee?
it looked suspiciously like a cannonball tackle from the side.
It should be cited. They had the opportunity to review it at the ground but quietly passed over it, so I doubt anything will come of it.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales all won…..
Last week reverse… interesting.

Quick note. You are not meant to mention results outside of the match forum. I am half way through the Bok Wales game and now is stops. Haven't seen the Argentinian game, now won't bother.

Last edited: