• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
They have an advantage: Cheika knows everything about Aussie Rugby, he worked analyzing Super Rugby and even coached some of the players. I'm not sure if Rennie has that knowledge about Argie Rugby

Eddie Jones has beat the Wallabies 10 times since 2015, so that's a HUGE advantage IMO
We know their exact game plan. Down to the last millimetre.

Reactions: dru

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I don't see the value in selecting Simone here. I'm sure that if he was fit, somebody like Flook would have been in the mix, but regardless we have enough cover across 12 & 13 with Paisami, Ikitau, Foketi, Petaia & Hodge, and even Quade or Noah at 12 in a genuine bind.

I assume the Kellaway injury forced their hand/concern levels though. Still would've rather it went to somebody like Stewart who is signed for 2023 in AU.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I don't see the value in selecting Simone here. I'm sure that if he was fit, somebody like Flook would have been in the mix, but regardless we have enough cover across 12 & 13 with Paisami, Ikitau, Foketi, Petaia & Hodge, and even Quade or Noah at 12 in a genuine bind.

I assume the Kellaway injury forced their hand/concern levels though. Still would've rather it went to somebody like Stewart who is signed for 2023 in AU.

My first thoughts too. However, he had a great super XV season and was very good into contact (something missing from the wallabies and is the closest like to like with Kerevi). So if your picking purely based on super xv form then Simone is the next in line.

Having said that, weird choice given he's leaving and his poor games at test level previously. Whilst his Super XV form was very good it wasn't out-of-this-world must be selected good.

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
Team that I would pick from that squad (slightly biased);
1. James Slipper
2. Dave Porecki
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Darcy Swain
5. Rory Arnold
6. Jed Holloway (Rob Leota if Holloway isn't fit)
7. Michael Hooper (c)
8. Rob Valetini
9. Nic White
10. Quade Cooper
11. Marika Korobeite
12. Hunter Paisami
13. Len Ikitau
14. Jordan Petaia
15. Jock Campbell
16. Folau Fainga'a
17. Scott Sio
18. AAA
19. Matt Philip
20. Pete Samu
21. Tate McDermott
22. Noah Lolesio
23. Tom Wright

Marce

John Thornett (49)

I agree, too many players for 2 games. Most of them not gonna play. Maybe Rennie thinks that is an alumni trip