• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What's our casualty ward look like ATM:

Lachie Swinton
Angus Bell
Dave Porecki
Harry Johnson-Holmes
Izaia Perese
Ned Hanigan
Scott Sio
Michael Hooper
Quade Cooper
Tom Banks
Andrew Kellaway
Samu Kerevi
Lukhan Salakaia-Loto
Izack Rodda
Cadeyrn Neville
Alex Mafi

Have I missed anyone? Far too many.

Last edited:

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
And too many of them seem to have happened while training in the Wallabies set up.
That’s not true

Lachie Swinton - happened at Tahs
Angus Bell - injured during game
Dave Porecki - training
Harry Johnson-Holmes - training
Izaia Perese - during game
Ned Hanigan - training
Scott Sio - during game
Michael Hooper - mental health
Quade Cooper - during game
Tom Banks - during game
Andrew Kellaway - during game
Samu Kerevi - during game
Lukhan Salakaia-Loto - not injured
Izack Rodda - happened at Force
Cadeyrn Neville - during game
Alex Mafi - not injured but hasn’t played all year

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Did Kellaway's happen during the game? Don't remember it.

But that's 3 during training already, that's not normal.

Agent

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I put this in another Wallaby thread but it is probably more relevant to this one:

Feel very sorry for Quade. An injury like that at his ‘old’ age will take some coming back from. I’m still not sure who our next best option at 5/8 is.

Noah is heading in the right direction but I feel he is still a little green. I also think he the beneficiary of playing Super rugby behind a strong Brumbies pack. That probably got him international exposure before his time.

JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) I think is past his best unfortunately. Flat out stringing 3 games together. A bit like Quade and probably getting a bit long in the tooth. He might yet prove me wrong.

Hodge is always an option in any position in the backline but I feel his flexibility is probably his own worst enemy. IMHO he is better suited to the bench where he can fill any position at any time. Super reliable even when the stakes are down, and can kick goals.

Ben Donaldson is probably next in line of the young 5/8’s about given his game time in the Aussie A games. I think he has great potential and could possibly be our 5/8 long term but I don’t think he is ready to be thrown to the lions against the AB’s and Boks.

Edmed (who I didn’t really rate before this year), Pajistoa (Force bloke who’s name I am sure I misspelt) and C Gordon are probably the next cabs off the rank that I hope we will not need to draw upon.

Thoughts?

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I put this in another Wallaby thread but it is probably more relevant to this one:

Feel very sorry for Quade. An injury like that at his ‘old’ age will take some coming back from. I’m still not sure who our next best option at 5/8 is.

Noah is heading in the right direction but I feel he is still a little green. I also think he the beneficiary of playing Super rugby behind a strong Brumbies pack. That probably got him international exposure before his time.

JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) I think is past his best unfortunately. Flat out stringing 3 games together. A bit like Quade and probably getting a bit long in the tooth. He might yet prove me wrong.

Hodge is always an option in any position in the backline but I feel his flexibility is probably his own worst enemy. IMHO he is better suited to the bench where he can fill any position at any time. Super reliable even when the stakes are down, and can kick goals.

Ben Donaldson is probably next in line of the young 5/8’s about given his game time in the Aussie A games. I think he has great potential and could possibly be our 5/8 long term but I don’t think he is ready to be thrown to the lions against the AB’s and Boks.

Edmed (who I didn’t really rate before this year), Pajistoa (Force bloke who’s name I am sure I misspelt) and C Gordon are probably the next cabs off the rank that I hope we will not need to draw upon.

Thoughts?
Your comments are on the money and I would agree with Qwerty, that Donaldson may be next to be called up. He would definitely benefit from being in squad and having Cooper available to help him.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
That’s not true

Lachie Swinton - happened at Tahs
Angus Bell - injured during game
Dave Porecki - training
Harry Johnson-Holmes - training
Izaia Perese - during game
Ned Hanigan - training
Scott Sio - during game
Michael Hooper - mental health
Quade Cooper - during game
Tom Banks - during game
Andrew Kellaway - during game
Samu Kerevi - during game
Lukhan Salakaia-Loto - not injured
Izack Rodda - happened at Force
Cadeyrn Neville - during game
Alex Mafi - not injured but hasn’t played all year
One way or the other, to me 3 is too many in a controlled environment like training. And make that 4, Kellaway was at training too. And Holloway has only just come good from a training injury.

Last edited:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
With the state of the squad and Quade gone, to me, the best approach is go full pony in the backs and go for

10 Lolesio

12 Simone

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I wouldn’t mind Hodge starting at 10 playing a simpler/more direct game plan getting us around the field. When we are in attack we can have Wright picking his moments to try and be a bit more creative. But if Rennie picks Lolesio there and puts Hodge at 23, I wouldn’t be disappointed.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I wouldn’t mind Hodge starting at 10 playing a simpler/more direct game plan getting us around the field. When we are in attack we can have Wright picking his moments to try and be a bit more creative. But if Rennie picks Lolesio there and puts Hodge at 23, I wouldn’t be disappointed.

Lolesio is suited to the simpler/more direct game plan.