• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wow, Where was Gibbon before rebs? I can remember him at the rams then nothing. I'll admit i give the rebels very little of my brain time. Pone has been in the Wobs squad for ages though

He's been injured for the best part of a year and a half.

if only we were playing someone like Argentina this weekend...

They're hardly an easy beat at home and Rennie is quite rightly after every win he can get. I'd be shocked if there was any indication we were rotating players and not selecting our best team.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Seems reckless to wait until one of the 2 capped Tightheads you have in the entire squad to have an injury to blood a rookie. he's had miles more Super Rugby experience than Gibbon and He has been in the wallabies squad for 2 years now. Last year we capped Ollie Hoskins bc Pone had a calf injury ffs lol

Edit: He's also had about triple the Super Rugby experience that Leota had when he got given a crack
I’d still prefer one TH that makes his tackles and doesn’t do dumb shit

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Tom Hooper might have to wait through no fault of his own unless he's the best backrower in the country next year. It's a pretty deep group of backrow stock at the moment.

Used in Gold this year:
Hooper
McReight
Holloway
Samu
Wilson
Leota
Valetini
Hanigan

Capped:
Swinton - Injured
Mcmahon - Played Argies last year
Naisarani
Wright

Uncapped:
Harris
Reimer
Brown
Gleeson
Kemeny
Anstee
Wilkin

Not eligible yet but would be in the conversation:
Gamble

I'm sure I've missed a fair few on this list as well.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
Tom Hooper is (IMO) a very similar physical profile to Jed Holloway.... and I get the distinct feeling that that is the type DR is looking for in the 6 position. High work rate, big body, lineout presence, can dent the line in attack and hit hard in D. Can also offer a strong bench option covering 4 - 6

He was one of the Brumbies best late in the year.

Another year under his belt and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a gold jersey.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
If he can hold his own in the set piece his ball running could win games in the last 20 minutes. Pone and Thor!!!
Look up his stats on rugbypass. His running metres are closer to AAA or HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), (who do all the grunt work) than Bell or Topou, but with more turnovers. His successful tackle rate is much lower than AAA, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) or Bell. That’s without considering an Argie front row that live for the scrummage.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I had a feeling that Tom Hooper would have been a bolter for the Wallabies this year and may have even got a gig when Jed got injured, big lad strong in contact with a massive motor. Valetini was a beast this year but we didnt lose much when he was injured and Hooper played instead.

definitely would have been in Aus A and a smoky for the end of year tour.

Next year Brumbies dont be surprised if it Hooper 6 Samu 7 Valetini 8

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Tom Hooper might have to wait through no fault of his own unless he's the best backrower in the country next year. It's a pretty deep group of backrow stock at the moment.

Used in Gold this year:
Hooper
McReight
Holloway
Samu
Wilson
Leota
Valetini
Hanigan

Capped:
Swinton - Injured
Mcmahon - Played Argies last year
Naisarani
Wright

Uncapped:
Harris
Reimer
Brown
Gleeson
Kemeny
Anstee
Wilkin

Not eligible yet but would be in the conversation:
Gamble

I'm sure I've missed a fair few on this list as well.
Don't forget Leroy Houston

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Damn, forgot about Isi Naisarani. Was the incumbent 8 then disappeared and no one ever mentions him. Anyone know how he's going?

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Isi stats, thanks to Its Rugby

Screenshot 2022-08-10 131509.png