• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Saying something many times over doesn't make it more correct.

Aside from his handful of unfortunate kicks in game 2, I actually thought he looked more threatening (in terms of bending the line) than Noah. One rusty performance after missing a significant amount of footy due to injury and he's 'a former player'... JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) absolutely has a place in the squad.

Ironically I have always been critical of JOC (James O'Connor) since his return to Aus due to his lack of speed and running game. I just don't see him making line-breaks or threatening the line. But I agree in game 2 he looked threatening. The best footwork I've seen from him in a long time. Sorry about the rest of his game.

I still question why Rennie even brought him in when he knowingly stated he wasn't sharp enough, he should have been playing Aus A.

Last edited:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't think it comes down to what he did, more what he forces the defence to do... if he is a running threat, which Smith is, he forces the defence to factor it into their alignment, no threat, then the defenders concentrate on the next link... Kerevi. Even if you never run, the defence still need to be prepared if you might. That's the difference.
We played so much out the back in the 3rd test it was ridiculous, I know it was a lot, because I normally wouldn't notice.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Saying something many times over doesn't make it more correct.

Aside from his handful of unfortunate kicks in game 2, I actually thought he looked more threatening (in terms of bending the line) than Noah. One rusty performance after missing a significant amount of footy due to injury and he's 'a former player'... JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) absolutely has a place in the squad.

An elite squad can't go with 2 flyhalves over 30, that place is for QC (Quade Cooper). He deserves it after his last year performance. Second spot is for the current best performer who is Lolo and the third spot should be for a develop player who is going to take the post after WC. That spot should be for Donaldson, Edmed or Pasitoa.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
What do you all think about how we will go in Argentina?

I cannot say with any confidence that we will win either game...

ArgentinaEstadio Malvinas, MendozaSun Aug 75:05amNine/Stan Sport
ArgentinaEstadio del Bicentenario, San JuanSun Aug 145:05amNine/Stan Sport

Without Kerevi I can't how the WBs could win both, almost impossible. In the best case would 1 and 1

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Scotland, France, Italy, Ireland and Wales

Well, we should beat Italy... :oops:

According the current perfomances of the teams, Ireland and France are impossible. Italy is an easy-peasy game, Wales is a winnable one and Scotland is the decider. Tough rival playing at Murrayfield and the recent record against them is not good, close games everywhere.

If Kerevi, Koroibete and QC (Quade Cooper) are availables for the EOYT, there's a chance. Without them, a 2/5 would be my bet

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

Marce

John Thornett (49)
The Planet Rugby's team of the week.
No Wallabies in sight:
20220719-163443.jpg

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Bullshit, we should do Argentina, I don't think they are that good and I think we are better than results have shown.
They have an advantage: Cheika knows everything about Aussie Rugby, he worked analyzing Super Rugby and even coached some of the players. I'm not sure if Rennie has that knowledge about Argie Rugby

Eddie Jones has beat the Wallabies 10 times since 2015, so that's a HUGE advantage IMO