• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
This is being policed now, not every time but is definitely happening a lot more
Haven’t seen it yet being pulled up but I hope they do. Again though the assistant ref would see this every time if the ref doesn’t. If it is policed all the time the practice will stop very quickly I would suspect?

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Tom Wright is a hell of player, mate. I was surprised how quick he adapted to Union. He's the best signature from NRL since Folau, he plays all the games in Super Rugby and many at international level, so if you compare him with Vunivalu is 10 times more productive
Wright played rugby at St Joseph's and was NSW schoolboy. He was contracted to Manly so went there but hardly new to the game

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm not sure this is making as strong of a rebuttal about his behaviour as you think it is...

White's behaviour determined by some broad wish list, or his behaviour within the rules of rugby determined by outcomes?

If the later, Tomikin is making exactly the rebuttal he knows he is. And it is 10/10.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Wright played rugby at St Joseph's and was NSW schoolboy. He was contracted to Manly so went there but hardly new to the game
That makes sense. And Koroibete probably played Union in Fiji like all Fijian kids, the thing is that all talent goes to NRL

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He was carded in round 4 for reaching over the ruck and knocking the ball out of the halfback's hands when the rest of the team had already been penalised for infringements.

No throwing the ball away or being a brat. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean its not effective or is a trait that he deserves to be not selected for. His a loud annoying halfback with a big gob who's competitive.. its his job, andas stated above its been 45 tests .. I think he knows what he can or can't do..
Reckon I can also see some changes in his antics in recent games. How long now since he was gesticulating wildly to the touch judge over almost every scrum? Don't think he did it at all against the Reds. He did however turn towards the touchie (might have been to his own winger) on a couple of occasions to make some quiet comment.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Reckon I can also see some changes in his antics in recent games. How long now since he was gesticulating wildly to the touch judge over almost every scrum? Don't think he did it at all against the Reds. He did however turn towards the touchie (might have been to his own winger) on a couple of occasions to make some quiet comment.
He was very vocal and getting on Murphy's nerves during that game. At the time I thought he was bloody close to getting a card or at least getting the Brumbies marched 10 when he was subbed.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Fines is pretty quick as well. He was on the wing for Brumbies and did well after he left the force last time.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The quality of this years Aussie Conference is fantastic isn't it? I know its always risky to make such significant calls before we've played the kiwis but week in week out each game (other than a few early Drua games) have been bloody tough footy. There's just no respite week to week and I think that's the big thing that will stand our teams (and hopefully the Wallabies) in good stead come the next phase of the season.

Games have been very physical, in a variety of weather conditions and teams have had to show resilience having battled covid, red cards, key injuries etc. It's really a terrific build up for us.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
The quality of this years Aussie Conference is fantastic isn't it? I know its always risky to make such significant calls before we've played the kiwis but week in week out each game (other than a few early Drua games) have been bloody tough footy.
It's competitive, you feel that anyone can beat anyone and that's good for the tournament. Force and Tahs have improved a lot compared to the last season. Rebels and Drua seems to be the weakest teams in the conference, nevertheless they can fight until the very end.

The real deal is how they performance against the top Kiwis sides. You can lose against them but the form is important. If you lose fighting until the very end or if you get crushed like an amateur team, that's the big question. With the add of Landers, Canes and Moana this could be the perfect rugby competition in world. I'm a little scared of what's going to happen when Saders, Blues and Chiefs face the Aussie teams

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
It's competitive, you feel that anyone can beat anyone and that's good for the tournament. Force and Tahs have improved a lot compared to the last season. Rebels and Drua seems to be the weakest teams in the conference, nevertheless they can fight until the very end.

The real deal is how they performance against the top Kiwis sides. You can lose against them but the form is important. If you lose fighting until the very end or if you get crushed like an amateur team, that's the big question. With the add of Landers, Canes and Moana this could be the perfect rugby competition in world. I'm a little scared of what's going to happen when Saders, Blues and Chiefs face the Aussie teams
I'm a little scared too, but the difference between the AU and NZ games doesn't feel as big this year. Might be empty optimism. But last year, the NZ games just seemed incredibly faster and more physical than the AU games. I'm just not seeing that this year.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm a little scared too, but the difference between the AU and NZ games doesn't feel as big this year. Might be empty optimism. But last year, the NZ games just seemed incredibly faster and more physical than the AU games. I'm just not seeing that this year.
We won't know until we play them

At the moment, I will be happy with fewer blowouts

But I am a Tahs supporter and my expectations is not to be embarrassed this season, so far, so good

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Looks like Rennie is set to pick his overseas players from Japan only for the England series:

Pretty much guarantees it will be Cooper, Kerevi and Koroibete which is no big surprise.