• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies: Latest Injuries and selection for Test 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Ioane had a poor game and as I said, I've assumed he's injured - when was the last time you saw Ioane held up by anyone let alone a flyhalf? Disagree about you've stated in any event. When has Tomane been poor? What has he done wrong? We need his physicality against the Lions.

Digby hasn't been at his best all season

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thing is, wholesale changes simply aren't going to work when we are only just trying to find our game fitness again. We came under immense pressure from the injury situation and came up just short. The Lions will be better for the run, but so will we. Slightly more so perhaps.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
I think 13 is a lot harder to defend than 12. For the most part I believe defending at 12 is similar to defending at 10.

In that case JOC (James O'Connor) to 14, Beale to 10, and Folau to 15. Or even (if fit) Barnes to 10, Beale 15, JOC (James O'Connor) 11, Izzy 14, Lilo 12. We are lucky we have such versatile players in such an injury prone team
10 hangs on side shoulder of 12 12 on 13's 13 at times blitz

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Thing is, wholesale changes simply aren't going to work when we are only just trying to find our game fitness again. We came under immense pressure from the injury situation and came up just short. The Lions will be better for the run, but so will we. Slightly more so perhaps.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect .
Can only agree, but the injuries and possible suspensions allows chatter. 4 players 1/4 of a team

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I think Smith could be very valuable. We need more forwards that can play in the back line, and I can see him covering 9-12 nicely.

Will O'Connor be OK for round 2 in Melbourne? I didn't see his injury or even when he went off. I can only assume he was injured around the same time as Barnes, he seemed to disappear. At least he didn't make any errors. The last thing you want is errors. Or involvement.

:oops:

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect .

I agree. Just maybe a little tinkering to get players combining together.

I would add Lilo to the injury list. With only a week he can be in doubt after a concussion. Same with Barnes but I wouldn't have him in their in the first place. I would take Horne at 12 or 13. His previous perceived deficiencies mean jack all. He has played well in a side this year who has played fine attacking rugby so I consider his distribution no longer an issue. As for 10 I would like nothing more than the Genia Cooper combination reinstated but that won't happen so Beale it is. Izzy back to 15 and JOC (James O'Connor) onto his wing. That just leaves one center to fill.

Pretty much the same players or squad players in different positions.

I would have to say Kev is gone so maybe MMM into the role due to intensity. Whoever fills it will have to play physical. I would be very tempted to start Slipper over Alexander.

P

Paradox

Will Deans stick with JOC (James O'Connor) at 10? Massive call.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think we have to, with Beale joining the line as required. Set JOC (James O'Connor) up with Horne on his shoulder, and someone at 13

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

P

Paradox

I think we have to, with Beale joining the line as required. Set JOC (James O'Connor) up with Horne on his shoulder, and someone at 13

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect .
Beale at 10 Folau at 15? I'd prefer KB (Kurtley Beale) at 15 but Deans won't select another flyhalf from Cooper, To'omua or Foley

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Sorry meant:

9 Sanchez
10 Rabbit
11 Dig
12 Horne
13 ???
14 Folau
15 Beale

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Cummins
12. Lilo
13. Fainga'a (assuming AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is out, hasn't been confirmed yet)
14. Folau
15. Beale

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Neither Cooper nor Fainga'a are in the squad. You'll have a hard time selecting either

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Any word on Horwill's hearing?

If we play JOC (James O'Connor) at 10 without a playmaking 12 it will be tough to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.