• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies returning to their roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

truckandtrailor

I hope Berrick comes back to Kingaroy!!!!!!!! The kids will lose their sh*t!!!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
TPN is supposed to be going to his primary school in Parramatta I think, but I agree about going back to where they spent their formative years.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Good to see they're not going back to their private schools (Nudgee, Ipswich GS, BBC, Joeys, Knox, King's, Eddies, etc) but to where they grew up. Be nice to see a handful in western Sydney, where they're desperately needed.

My question is, will this be a regular thing? While a somewhat applaud this intiative it cannot be a one off. We need our Wallaby and Super Rugby player's to act as not only ambassadors but as development officers. Make them earn their keep outside of training and playing.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is this all the players that will be returning, or will there be more added to the list?

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I agree with WorkingClassRugger, I think it's a great idea and should become a regular thing. If each contracted player did this once a year, it would create a good initiative, getting kids in contact with these guys and hopefully more likely to continue playing. As TBH said, it's good to see a tangible thing that the ARU is doing for grassroots, hope it becomes something bigger.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Great initiative. I would like to see something similar to AFL's AusKick employed at schools. Maybe even some funding for kids under 9 to play for free on the weekends?

Status
Not open for further replies.