• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I hope the Brisbane rugby public turn out in their usual numbers. The Wallabies traditionally get a good crowd there and we especially need one tomorrow night.
Our crowd numbers are often bolstered considerably by the large New Zealand population in SE QLD. Most Bledisloe Cup matches at Suncorp are sellouts and often the crowd split feels around 50/50. Less than a sellout (which it looks like being) may mean that less Aussies are going to front up and that it could be a pretty black crowd.
That worries me more than waning interest from casual Wallabies fans.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Most kiwis have a keen eye for a bargain.

There were some infiltrators wearing black in the "cheaper" Gold Squad seats at Sydney test.

Will there be displaced Kiwis resident in SEQ doing likewise at Suncorp to save a bob or two?

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
Scoey,hardly suprising considering the dramas of the past couple of weeks,including GAGR's lowing the maxwell smart cone of silence over the Beale thread

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What?
Locking a thread on a fan forum is going to have a negative impact on ticket sales?
Assuming for a minute you may have a point.
It should have been heavily sold before that thread was even created.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I think shutting down that thread improved the situation greatly! If only someone could shut down fairfax we could all get on with the job of pumping up for the Bledisloe!
It's just a matter of how much energy you want to invest into it. I decided early on that I wasn't interested in that crap and as a result I feel the same leading up to this game as I do for every Bledisloe.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Was just pondering:

When was the last time the Wallabies and AB's played a match together with both teams coming off a loss?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hang on a fucking minute - we were told that the QLDers didn't sell out Suncorp for the France Test because they were saving their bikkies for Bledisloe.

So what the fuck happened? Didn't you get the required 58 Reds players into the squad? ;)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
He's in the wrong uniform. Do we need any more clear evidence that the team is divided, with poor communication, and a lack of respect for Management and team protocols? Expect to hear about this debacle in the Fairfax Media. Some of the players seem to support AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Link is ignoring the disruption. His staff seem to be troubled by it. The Captain is ignoring the behaviour. The rest of the playing group do not seem to be unified in their reaction to this belligerent behaviour by this very experienced member of the team.

Rumours of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) not only leaving the Wobs after RWC, but is he also signalling a possible change of code.

We are stuffed.

Edit: What's more, the stadium is empty. No one has turned up. I can see the headline now: "Pulver's worst fears realised in ARU Cash flow crisis. Revenue plummets as Wallabies fail to attract any spectators to empty Suncorp Stadium."

Well, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s mum did demand some sort of ceremony to mark the occasion. Looks like this might be it.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wallabies will win this in the veritable canter.
too big, too fast, too good.
too committed, ready to die for the cause.
too well coached.

too --- well --- too just everything

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
We are stuffed.

Edit: What's more, the stadium is empty. No one has turned up. I can see the headline now: "Pulver's worst fears realised in ARU Cash flow crisis. Revenue plummets as Wallabies fail to attract any spectators to empty Suncorp Stadium."

Mate, your headline goes not far enough.
i see added: "Pulver leads ARU to cut all its salaries by 50 per cent".
don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.