• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France 1st test - Suncorp 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Australian team to be finally announced tomorrow !

Captain and Vice Captain today - Moore and Hooper are certainties.

What team is going to turn up for the French ???

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
You never know with the Frogs - I like their complete randomness because I don't have to support them, but every now and then its great to watch them surpass awesomeness, even if its against me.

And the main thing is, despite Queenslanders giving me the shits occasionally, that stadium is going to rock out with its cock out. What a venue! Its on my bucket list.

We're all brothers* this week - the World Cup begins now!

Wallabies by 12.

* note: this does not mean I want to have sex with your sister.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Steve Moore named as Captain with Michael Hooper and Adam Ashley-Cooper as Vice-Captains

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Think Moore is a terrific selection.

Well respected by players, huge test experience, plays or is more than capable of playing 80, is quite a measured person, respectful blah blah. Don't believe anybody could be critical of that choice.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Think Moore is a terrific selection.

Well respected by players, huge test experience, plays or is more than capable of playing 80, is quite a measured person, respectful blah blah. Don't believe anybody could be critical of that choice.

Moore likely won't play more than 60 with TPN healthy. Different story last year, when Fainga'a was often the backup.

But yeah, seems like a sound selection and good pair of VCs too.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I like Moore as skipper. He demands high standards of himself and those around him. He is of the school where respect is earned by action, not given based on your talent and reputation. I like it a lot.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I like Moore as skipper. He demands high standards of himself and those around him. He is of the school where respect is earned by action, not given based on your talent and reputation. I like it a lot.

Yes, Moore as Captain is beginning to make a lot of sense in that regard. I just hope his game management skills are capable.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
With no Benny A, you'd think Sio and Cowan will both now be in the 23. I would still run with Slipper and Kepu to start however. The 2nd row is contentious. I'd run the reds pair to start, but I would do two things as a caveat.
1. I'd say your positions aren't certain lads, work hard or be benched.
2. I'd include both Skelton or Carter and Jones on the bench so they know I'm dead serious (Jones to cover back row). This is ballsy and may need to wait until the second or third test.
the back row largely picks itself (6. Fardy, 7. Hooper and 8. Cliff).
9. Genia 10. Foley
12. To'omua 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (I see why you would put him on the wing, but at this point is time he's just the best option plain and simple)
11. Badge 14. One of Horne or McCabe (not fussed)
15. Izzy

TPN, Sio, Cowan (cover tight head?), Skelton, Jones (higgers if necessary), White, Beale and the other one out of Horne/McCabe.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Really looking forward to these test matches, be the perfect set up to win back the beldisloe cup.

The right coach is there to bring this team together is such a short time. The players have been playing attacking rugby just what link likes

Wallabies by 30.

Damn it feels good being excited about the wallabies again.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Sound choice with Squeaky as captain, I've always had the greatest respect for his standards as a player. Let's hope he's able to do the same as captain. I like the VC choices too.

Status
Not open for further replies.