• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Italy, Florence, Sun 13th Nov 12am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Haven’t seen an explanation why yet but Simone won’t be called in to the squad. Perhaps they are holding off to see if Giteau is fit?
Tom Decent has him as injured:

Assuming they're looking to bring in a centre it looks like one of Stewart, Henry and Kuenzle. Stewart seems the most likely of those. I wouldn't be amazed if they went a bit left of field and called Beale in though.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)

Assuming they're looking to bring in a centre it looks like one of Stewart, Henry and Kuenzle. Stewart seems the most likely of those. I wouldn't be amazed if they went a bit left of field and called Beale in though.
iirc, Rennie was pretty adamant they wouldn't rush Beale onto the spring tour. You'd think Stewart would be next in line, but Henry has quite a bit of recent game time at 12 and 13 under his belt between Aus A and Reds Japan tours.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
iirc, Rennie was pretty adamant they wouldn't rush Beale onto the spring tour. You'd think Stewart would be next in line, but Henry has quite a bit of recent game time at 12 and 13 under his belt between Aus A and Reds Japan tours.
Stewart is in Japan - so a little closer?

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)

That sucks,

Foketi has had a great season and was really starting to look like what we need at 12. Paisami is great but a little too one dimensional

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The match is in Florence, Italy? Why the fuck would anyone want to go to Florence, Italy and spoil the day by doing something as stupid and painful and boring as playing a rugby match?

cinque-terre.jpeg

Just call a truce with the Italian lads beforehand, call it a nil-all, and blow it off.

Spend the days exploring, having a wee drinkie, perving at Italian spunks, etc. Maybe accidentally "miss the shuttle to the airport" and just stay there forever. Beats going back to Wollongong to front up for NSFW preseason.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
The match is in Florence, Italy? Why the fuck would anyone want to go to Florence, Italy and spoil the day by doing something as stupid and painful and boring as playing a rugby match?

cinque-terre.jpeg

Just call a truce with the Italian lads beforehand, call it a nil-all, and blow it off.

Spend the days exploring, having a wee drinkie, perving at Italian spunks, etc. Maybe accidentally "miss the shuttle to the airport" and just stay there forever. Beats going back to Wollongong to front up for NSFW preseason.
Hate to bust your bubble there, but that's not Florence :)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
We gonna roll out Australia A? The Australia A that lost the Pacific Cup to Samoa who just got hammered by Italy?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We gonna roll out Australia A? The Australia A that lost the Pacific Cup to Samoa who just got hammered by Italy?
Pollard, Uru, Smith, Anstee, Harris, Lonergan, Edmed, Stewart, Foketi all started in that game with Kaitu'u, Hoopert, Holz, Sinclair, Tuttle, Creighton and Pietsch off the bench. Is anyone calling for those players to play this game?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pollard, Uru, Smith, Anstee, Harris, Lonergan, Edmed, Stewart, Foketi all started in that game with Kaitu'u, Hoopert, Holz, Sinclair, Tuttle, Creighton and Pietsch off the bench. Is anyone calling for those players to play this game?
ignoring my hyperbole, the point remains, we shouldn't do mass restings.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd expect that there will still be a couple of the squad who won't have been in a 23 after three matches, a handful of players at most will be rested entirely and there'll be a few of the bench players from the first two games starting.

1. Slipper (c)
2. Fainga'a
3. Tupou
4. Skelton
5. Frost
6. Hanigan
7. McReight
8. Gleeson
9. Gordon
10. Lolesio
11. Kellaway
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Nawaqanitawase
15. Campbell

16. Lonergan 17. Gibbon 18. Ala'alatoa 19. Holloway 20. Samu 21. McDermott 22. Donaldson 23. Banks

Last edited:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Aus A also beat Fiji and Japan twice.. and we should’ve won that Samoa match..

Also, Samoa should’ve gone up 2 tries and a pen early and then Italy scored a runaway try - that completely broke them. I don’t think Italy win if they played again.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'd expect that there will still be a couple of the squad who won't have been in a 23 after three matches, a handful of players at most will be rested entirely and there'll be a few of the bench players from the first two games starting.

1. Slipper (c)
2. Fainga'a
3. Tupou
4. Skelton
5. Frost
6. Hanigan
7. McReight
8. Gleeson
9. Gordon
10. Lolesio
11. Kellaway
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Nawaqanitawase
15. Campbell

16. Lonergan 17. Gibbon 18. Ala'alatoa 19. Hanigan 20. Samu 21. McDermott 22. Donaldson 23. Banks

I think you nailed the squad BH. I would consider playing Hooper again to get him back into form given his time out of the game and possibly resting Slipper and giving the back-up prop some more game-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.