• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I think JOC (James O'Connor) or Luke Jones would be the only possible smokeys but they would have to be extremely unlikely.

T

Train Without a Station

4 of those would not be considered a smokey though BH. They've all played this year. Genia especially considering 3 halfbacks are expected to be taken.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Now we're just talking semantics.

Instead of smokey let's call them the players who are on the bubble.

I don't think there are going to be any surprises from outside that.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Now we're just talking semantics.

Instead of smokey let's call them the players who are on the bubble.

I don't think there are going to be any surprises from outside that.

You may well be right BH, but I did see where Cheika said there were still about 6 spots where he hadn't made up his mind - just a day or two ago. Could well be a surprise or two yet. I think most in danger of missing from what seems to be evryone's pick are Toby Smith (Faulkner instead), Cliff Palu (Pocock selected as an 8 along with McCalman), Will Genia (if not fit), and Rob Horne (if not fit). The smokeys could well be Faulkner (as above), Gill (if it is intended to play Hooper and Pocock together in the main matches) and maybe both Speight and Tomane if neither Genia nor Horne make it on fitness grounds.

T

Train Without a Station

I would consider him one as he hasn't been used yet. My pick is Dave Dennis being one.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Don't see how Faulkner could be considered a smokey. Most understand that Smith is the extra loosehead and Faulkner is the extra tighthead and we don't really know which position Cheika wants the 5th prop to be.. It's a complete 50/50 for mine who the 5th is.

That is quite wishful thinking BR on Gill. George Smith or McMahon would play 7 before Gill.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I read that Faulkener plays both side of the scrum whereas Smith doesn't. Any truth?

Yes, that is true. Faulkner hasn't particularly excelled at THP in 2015 though for the Force. Hard to rate him on the 2014 EOYT because our scrum was crap in general.

Personally I'd pick Smith and make Slipper the reserve THP if either Holmes or Kepu got injured temporarily.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'm resigned to accepting the selection of Giteau, although I still have misgivings. Ditto for Mitchell with the rider we seem to have a lot of so-so wingers, none with lightning speed. However, Drew's left boot should prove invaluable in the NH. But, if Leali'ifano doesn't get a guernsey it'll be to this team's detriment.

I'd like it noted none of these players are from the Tahs, I'm not for one moment going to consider state loyalties.

Forwards sorta pick themselves. A fifth prop must be taken for insurance, Faulkner has the drop on Smith here as he's skilled at THP. Douglas? Dunno. I can see TGC looked at Kane as cover for Simmons after deciding not to proceed with Arnold. I'd opine Skelton isn't physically mature enough to match it with the NH biggies on soft grounds, big Willie's a risk of staying home in my book.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I reckon Genia will go, White to be left home. Gits to cover third halfback
Big Call, don't know if it's good or bad but a big one. I was just hoping Cheika could get Genia back into 2011 Mode, but that maybe gone .. On recent form White is playing better..

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I have to say on Form this year and Form in the Gold Jersey if a winger choice comes down between Tomane and Speight you would have to pick Tomane. His had a better year, his been in form and his done better in Gold.

Which is hard for me to say, because I still believe Speight is the most talented and best winger we have, and can set a game alight.

On side note, Horne and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) probably should be our starting wingers..

Status
Not open for further replies.