• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I spoke to Fitzy last night, he cannot wait to get out there, he says he might have clearance to play for the Woodies next week, otherwise Crusaders game may be his comeback

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
That's good, still we'll obviously lose to the Force so our finals hopes are pretty much gone.
If I know Michael Foley rugby, the force will have no issues playing down to the level of Waratahs A. Any game with the force will always be between less than 10 points, and I think our boys have the belief to get them there. Especially if we give the Crusaders at home a shellacking the week before.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What to do with Berrick for the rest of the year? Dropping Horne is unthinkable, I'd put him at 15. There've been calls for years for Barnes to play fullback (Bruce, didn't you say some time ago your reckoned it was his best position?), now's the time. It'd have the double advantage of moving Folau to the wing, he's going to play a frontline pozzy in the backs if he stays in rugby, and it looks like wing's going to be his Wallabies spot. Bit tough on Betham and Kingston but injuries'll sort that out.

Let's hope Barnes stays clear of head knocks for the remainder of 2013.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
What to do with Berrick for the rest of the year? Dropping Horne is unthinkable, I'd put him at 15. There've been calls for years for Barnes to play fullback (Bruce, didn't you say some time ago your reckoned it was his best position?), now's the time. It'd have the double advantage of moving Folau to the wing, he's going to play a frontline pozzy in the backs if he stays in rugby, and it looks like wing's going to be his Wallabies spot. Bit tough on Betham and Kingston but injuries'll sort that out.

Let's hope Barnes stays clear of head knocks for the remainder of 2013.
Re folau at wing for the wallabies, it was interesting to hear in the presser that deans said he was picked as a fullback, and they didn't see him as a winger.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Folau has played fullback all year and is showing that he has now got some grasp of the positional play required at fullback. To ask him now to play wing against the Lions - a position that requires a different set of positional options - would be detrimental to him and the Wallabies. He should be considered as a fullback for both the OZ team and the TAH's and thats all.

I think that for the remainder of the year (remeber Barnes is off to japan at the end of the year) they should do what they did on Saturday night - start with Horne and given the direction the game takes use Barnes in the second half

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Folau has played fullback all year and is showing that he has now got some grasp of the positional play required at fullback. To ask him now to play wing against the Lions - a position that requires a different set of positional options - would be detrimental to him and the Wallabies. He should be considered as a fullback for both the OZ team and the TAH's and thats all.

I think that for the remainder of the year (remeber Barnes is off to japan at the end of the year) they should do what they did on Saturday night - start with Horne and given the direction the game takes use Barnes in the second half

This will have the added advantage of sending all of Queensland wild when Horne and Barnes are both picked to start in the first Lions test.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Lee Grant any word on this weeks sessions? Any info you have would be a great help
Sorry - I forgot to post this (there was no training today):

The only training session the public can watch this week is on Wednesday from 10.30am to 12 noon. It's at the Bus Loop which is on Driver Avenue opposite the back of the Brewongle Stand.

Park in the Members' Car Park (free when there's nothing on at the SFS or SCG) otherwise you could get a parking ticket.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I assume Holmes will be on the bench for the rest of the season, but who will shadow him? Ulugia's knee didn't look terrific on Saturday

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I assume Holmes will be on the bench for the rest of the season, but who will shadow him? Ulugia's knee didn't look terrific on Saturday

Apparently Fitzpatrick is close to returning to club rugby or potentially the Tahs bench in a couple of weeks.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
We're going to get smashed.

Ye of little faith.

You think Chariots has been happy sitting in the wings all season? He'll be pissed and ready to do the proverbial Van Humphies to anyone who dares block his path. Picture the chariot that slices the guy in half in Gladiator, now with more blood and fury.

Kingston has been toted as a 13 in the making from when he first came on the scene. He'll be itching to try to show Cheika that he's got what it takes to replace AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Crawford is more suited to fullback to help with those clearing kicks of his and adds more balance to the back three.

Mitchell will be out to prove that he's still got the goods after getting passed over by the Honey Badger for the Wallabies. Expect a return to form for Bumtatt, back to the form he showed before Higginbotham taught him that high level yoga position.

Douglas will prove what we all know, he should have been picked in the first 25.

The fron't row are still solid as balls, I'm loving Ryan's running game and Ulugia will improve our lineout throwing.

Foley is on a tear and continues to get better and better.

Betham is starting to show that ITM cup form he had last year, seriously how good was that try last week? He had less room that a Japanese studio apartment and still found the line with barely a hand laid on him.

Have we forgotten the potential that Volavololololololola has shown this year? He'll be ready to prove that he deserves a spot in the starting side.

I could go on. My point is we've still got some cracking players and a coach who won't expect a drop in standard from the boys. We'll take this competition by the balls and run with it yet, and even if we don't manage to get into the finals (due to other team results - cause we'll win the rest of our games) we'll have sent a message. A message to all other teams in Super Rugby that the Tahs are back and that the Reds can get fucked (okay, maybe not that last bit but it's what we're all thinking).

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I've put on a few extra Kgs this year........... my transformation into Waratah Jesus is almost complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.