• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I'm signing up. Let's do this. Play smarter, try harder whatever it is, catchy slogan, something bout digging. Who wouldn't be moved by it.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm signing up. Let's do this. Play smarter, try harder whatever it is, catchy slogan, something bout digging. Who wouldn't be moved by it.
You're a cunning bugger, wj. You come up with a great suggestion to turn the Waratahs' fortunes around, knowing full well that it's already being implemented. Because I write so many complementary things about Driver Avenue someone very high up who's a bit of a rev head gave me a sneak peak at their new jingle containing all the elements you are calling for:

We're gonna play smarter
Soon as we find out how,
We're gonna try harder
But we're not starting now.

We know that we're in a mess
But we'll dig our way out,
We don't know how deep to dig
We're still thrashing about.

Have we got a job for you
Suit you down to the ground,
But don't get your hopes up
Winner's already found.

Who wouldn't be moved by it
'Tahs playing with cunning,
But we've got our history
We'll be kicking not running.

So those are the words. The tune will be composed as soon as they can get an unpaid intern in from the Conservatorium.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Whats happening with the coach?
I would think a lot of fence sitters would be heavily influence by not only the identity of the new coach but the mode and manner of his selection....and what you guys think when he's named!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You're a cunning bugger, wj. You come up with a great suggestion to turn the Waratahs' fortunes around, knowing full well that it's already being implemented. Because I write so many complementary things about Driver Avenue someone very high up who's a bit of a rev head gave me a sneak peak at their new jingle containing all the elements you are calling for:

We're gonna play smarter
Soon as we find out how,
We're gonna try harder
But we're not starting now.

We know that we're in a mess
But we'll dig our way out,
We don't know how deep to dig
We're still thrashing about.

Have we got a job for you
Suit you down to the ground,
But don't get your hopes up
Winner's already found.

Who wouldn't be moved by it
'Tahs playing with cunning,
But we've got our history
We'll be kicking not running.

So those are the words. The tune will be composed as soon as they can get an unpaid intern in from the Conservatorium.
To be sung by.....Tina Turner? Jimmy Barnes? The Hudu Gurus? Dame Kiri Te Kanawa? Charlotte Church? (Just found out she broke up with Henson)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
When is next years draw announced?

How many games at SFS, and how many at Homebush?

Any regional games, he asked knowing full well that the answer was most likely to be a big fat zero?

I've signed up already.

The draw is announced in September I believe.

We have home games against the four Australian sides plus Blues, Chiefs, Cheetahs and Stormers.

We are still contracted to play two games at Homebush which I would assume will be Brumbies and Reds again.

No idea about afternoon games but I'd guess they will be on again.

L

Linebacker_41

Their first choice was Tiny Tim, IS. They wrote to him but it bounced back from the Dead Letter Office. So it looks like they'll run with Milli Vanilli. They're available - and very cheap.
And when they sing they can even put on an Australian accent.
You just have to ignore the other interns in the background who are singing "backing vocals".

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So does anyone know the current status of our squad?

Please correct me if any of these are wrong!

Black: contracted
Green: unsure
Blue: EPS last year
Red: Signed but could be leaving
New for 2013

Props: Robbo, Kepu, Ryan, Tilse, Taukeiaho
Hooker/Prop: Ulugia
Hooker: TPN, Fitzpatrick, Mann-Rea
Locks: S. Timani, Douglas, Peterson, Stanford
6/7: Dennis, Hooper, McCutcheon
8: Palu, L. Timani, Metuisela
HB: McKibbin, M. Lucas, Hart, Pretorius
10: Barnes, Foley
12/13: Carter, Horne, Kingston
Wing: Mitchell, Turner, Pakalani, Betham, Hodge
Fullback: Ashley-Cooper, Trist, Crawford

So that is 36 people which could form part of the main 30 man squad or the 5 player EPS.

Of that 36, Pretorius may not hang around, some of the EPS might not be renewed, and Stanford and Mann-Rea were only on temporary contracts as fill ins.

I'm not sure if Matt Lucas is on a full contract or is part of the EPS.

Of the EPS from last year I would assume that Lopeti Timani and Grayson Hart will be upgraded to full contracts.

I can't remember if Betham was a fill in or actually had a contract.

Players involved in 2012 who are gone are: Elsom, Vickerman, Mumm, Halangahu, Karauria-Henry, and Alcock who all had full contracts and Jenkins who was drafted in as an injury replacement.

Added Michael Hodge on the wing. I would assume he will get an EPS contract for next season rather than a full contract.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Their first choice was Tiny Tim, IS. They wrote to him but it bounced back from the Dead Letter Office. So it looks like they'll run with Milli Vanilli. They're available - and very cheap.
And readily substituted....
Tiptoe through the tulips would have really go the crowd behind the Tahs though

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
From the latest Tahs email:

Pendants-GIF.gif

OK, not surprised that Drew Mitchell designs jewellery. But Tom Carter?! I can see it now: "Geez, mate, those cufflinks look pretty bland". "Yes, but they've never let me down - statistically, they're the best performing cufflinks available".

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Tommy carter is designing cuff links?I better invite the mrs to a ball or something so I have a chance to wear em. I know it's early,but I'm calling it now. Tahs have turned things around.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I thought Tom preferred this as an accessory:

Scrumtruk_image_1.gif

Harder to get in the door at the nightclub though, I suppose.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thanks for the cufflinks Tommy but I need something that will keep the hair out of my eyes and make me look like a dickhead, any ideas?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Quade cooper has his own clothing line north of the border, Tommy carter needs to take him on down here. Cufflinks done, but he needs to work on a logo and a motivational saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.