• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
This will be unpopular but I can't see both Donaldson and Harrison being strong/ dominant super rugby players.

None were absolute stars as juniors (I know there are late bloomers etc but its not a terrible predictor of long-term ability) and neither have looked a level above their competitors in the Shute Shield.

A Waratahs backline with both of them starting will never be a real threat to the top teams.
I think you should thank your lucky stars that you have two strong developing flyhalf players, and both Junior Wallabies. Reds only have JOC (James O'Connor), Brumbies only have Lolesio, Rebels really only have Gordon with To'omua and Hodge as backup, and Force have McIntyre with Pasitoa coming through. I was hoping to see Donaldson on the Red’s announcement. Not sure who I prefer as flyhalf or fullback but both deserve starting positions.

EDIT. Kuenzle at Force too.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
The announcement of Tizzano will be interesting. Tahs need to hold onto him but with Hooper back in and his origin being WA I think we can expect a Force announcement. Adrian Brown signed to 2024 seems like a bit of a gamble. I don’t know much about him and am interested to know why a 3 year signing?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Jake Ball has signed to play in Japan, I thought he was returning home to Australia and would be a strong chance for the Tahs

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
In positive news, the $20million NSWRU Centre of Excellence has been approved, featuring a brand new international standard rugby field, 500m2 gym facility, medical facilities, team theatrette, analysis room, recovery spaces (hot and cold pools and sauna) and administration spaces.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
In positive news, the $20million NSWRU Centre of Excellence has been approved, featuring a brand new international standard rugby field, 500m2 gym facility, medical facilities, team theatrette, analysis room, recovery spaces (hot and cold pools and sauna) and administration spaces.

Thanks for the update Adam.
All we need now is for hordes of young rugby players to be cycled through.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
I can't remember if it was announced if Carlo Tizzano had re-signed, but he's re-signed for another year with the West Harbour Pirates, for whatever that's worth.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Think he plays as the no 2 choice no.7

Which means he won't play much unless off the bench a couple times.

Nothing crazy for a 21 yr old.
Hooper's an extreme case, but surely they'll consider some management of his workload over the next couple of seasons. So Tizzano might pick up some starts. Glad he's staying around.