• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I doubt Tuipolotu stays, Scotland will offer him 2-3x as much as Tahs can. Lancaster looks very good at 7s, smallish and not tall however.

Alex Ross (28)
I doubt Tuipolotu stays, Scotland will offer him 2-3x as much as Tahs can. Lancaster looks very good at 7s, smallish and not tall however.
Listed at 185cm and 94kg. In sevens trim I wouldn’t call that small. I can easily see him at 100kg with the change up of training requirements.
5cm taller than Mosese

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
If Perese stays, they won't be able to offer much, but if Perese goes his offer will be strong. Especially as the Rebels and Force both need a decent starting centre next year.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well Nadolo and Beale are already gone from the outside backs.
Wait, when did Nadolo retire? I heard a passing comment from someone else, but I haven't seen or heard anything. Granted I've been on a boat for four days, but I just checked this morning and can't find anything.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Wait, when did Nadolo retire? I heard a passing comment from someone else, but I haven't seen or heard anything. Granted I've been on a boat for four days, but I just checked this morning and can't find anything.
He made an announcement on Thursday or Friday last week I think.
BF2F4053-30C8-466F-A571-F67339002A29.jpeg

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If Perese stays, they won't be able to offer much, but if Perese goes his offer will be strong. Especially as the Rebels and Force both need a decent starting centre next year.
Surely we keep Perese over an untested youngster? He hasnt be quite as good this season but is returning from long term injury and certainly hasnt been bad.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Surely we keep Perese over an untested youngster? He hasnt be quite as good this season but is returning from long term injury and certainly hasnt been bad.
I hope they keep him! Just saying IF they don't. But also my point being Tuipolotu should have good options, if not at the Tahs then at least 2 other clubs he could be a starter. Also means Perese is a target within Aus for the same reasons.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I know nothing about Tuipolotu but the bit I saw of him I thought he looked pretty good, why would we lose him surely DC can see his ability?

PS Never been a fan of Perese.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Out of Perese and Foketi I'd keep Foketi every day of the week and develop centres out of Tuipolotu, Wilson, Walton, O'Donnell.

As @Jimmy_Crouch pointed out Beale & Nadolo are gone. You can add James Turner as well with how he's performed for the Aus 7s. I don't think he'll be playing much 15s before the Olympics. I think it's been a pretty normal amount of turn over which makes any potential talk of Lancaster not seem silly. He may also be with Olympics so who knows that situation.

Has been good to see the opening rounds of the Shute Shield. Few guys really showing their potential so far. Bowen has looked good at Easts and so has Jude Gibbs at Norths. Not sure if hes had any involvement with a Super Rugby team but if he keeps it up someone will want him.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I know nothing about Tuipolotu but the bit I saw of him I thought he looked pretty good, why would we lose him surely DC can see his ability?

PS Never been a fan of Perese.
His got a Scottish grandparent and his brother is already capped. Apparently Scottish Rugby wanting him too.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I know Perese's been slow to return to form after injury, but are we forgetting what he brings? He's one of the best at making metres when given the ball in a bad position, and a real defensive presence.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I know Perese's been slow to return to form after injury, but are we forgetting what he brings? He's one of the best at making metres when given the ball in a bad position, and a real defensive presence.
Perese is one of my favourite players. Looks miserable to tackle. Plays well above his size.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Not super surprising. I'm sure it's been a grind after he took a break from the game. He has played A LOT of footy and all going well should finish 2023 with 300+ top level games. Absolute legend of Aus Rugby