• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
You know league and union teams have been training together and having opposed sessions for years, right?

Yeh I was going to say league coaching:training crossover is very common.

Trevor Gillmeister has run more tackling clinics for rugby clubs/schools in the last 10 years than I could count.

The Tahs used to have similar sessions and joint gym workouts with the Manly Sea Eagles during the late 2000s.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
It looks like a one side event. I didn't see any promotion or mention about it in Dragons Media. We were understimated by these guys:
20221219-092148.jpg

20221219-092120.jpg

Last edited:

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
We may be approaching end of days, though, with both Reg and Brumby Runner half talking them up. All we need is Force Fan and Shiggins on board, and we have the 4 Horsemen of the Tahpocalypse.
Nice to be in company. I recall a few years ago being on my pat malone tipping a big year for the Tahs and they duly delivered. Second place is definitely calling this coming season.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
How close are we to Sydney Roosters? When I lived in Australia (2019-2020) I lived few months in the frontier of Bondi Junction and Bondi Beach. In this building:
20221221-075715.jpg

In front of Waverley Park, Bondi Road and Anglesea St.

I had a friend who lived in Coogee, he supports Waratahs and Roosters but probably he was mainly a League supporter and secondly an Union supporter. He also supports the Wallabies at international level.

Of course, there are rivalries between codes but I thought that Tahs and Chooks are friends, I'm not sure about it. We have a lot of ruggers who follow League, the famous ones are Michael Cheika (Rabbitohs) and Eddie Jones (Rabbitohs), both are from Randwick.

I saw that Tahs IG account follows the Roosters and they follow us. Recently the ig account started to follow Dragons, maybe for this crosstraining. But the account follows Roosters for a long time. The only 2 NRL teams that Waratahs follows. I know there a ruggers who hate League, you can see that here lol. Oh, obviously we share the stadium too

20221221-082539.jpg

20221221-082526.jpg

20221221-082557.jpg

So the question is how close Tahs and Chooks are?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What's the relationship between both supporters?

Fine? There'd be some crossover. Logically most Roosters fans who also follow rugby would support the Waratahs.

Stadium members have access to both teams so there's some crossover in support there as well.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to read into this though.

The picture of the apartment block you lived in previously and a detailed description of where it was was a very random addition to the thread though.

Last edited:

Marce

John Thornett (49)
The picture of the apartment block you lived in previously and a detailed description of where it was was a very random addition to the thread though.

Just in order to defend myself if someone accuses me of not knowing about what I'm talking about. I know the area, I know people from there and I have a thought about League/Union and Tahs/Roosters supporters. I just wanna know the thinking of diehard rugby supporters here

It's not an easy enviroment to talk about League freely

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I support the Tahs and the Roosters. I was raised in the east. Go to both teams games when I can. You get some fans on both sides not liking the opposite code. I’d think fewer panthers/knights/eels fans would support the Tahs to the same extent as the Roosters, but that’s a generalization.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I support the Tahs and the Roosters. I was raised in the east. Go to both teams games when I can. You get some fans on both sides not liking the opposite code. I’d think fewer panthers/knights/eels fans would support the Tahs to the same extent as the Roosters, but that’s a generalization.
This is the answer I was looking for. I think similar about Panthers, Knights, Eels fans. They hate Manly and Roosters cause they are posh teams according to them. So is not probable that they will support a private school code like rugby (Again, according to them). And the numbers don't lie, little attendance to Tahs games played in Parramatta stadium

Last edited:

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
My experience in Western Sydney is that most rugby players follow the league as well. No big thing, there are rugby players/supporters who have almost zero interest in the league ie me and the same in the league world. The crossover is where many of the fans come from if the Tahs go well and ditto for the wallabies. It's all sport, better than sitting on your arse.