• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs Blues Sunday 24th March, SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
After an improved but not perfect performance against the Cheetahs would you make any changes to the side? Will BB be fit for this one? Personally I'd keep the pack the same, move Folau to 13, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 15 and Horne at 12 if BB is injured.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The crucial change that needs to happen for this game is Lucas to start, Foley (or Barnes to kick goals) and McKibbin to the bench.

Aside from that, they can keep the same team.

Has anyone heard any news on how bad TPN's hamstring injury is?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I thought about Lucas starting but if BB isn't fit I assume McKibben will be in the team as the goalkicker.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought about Lucas starting but if BB isn't fit I assume McKibben will be in the team as the goalkicker.

Foley kicked in the first game after McKibbin missed two of his first three shots and was fine. I think he kicked two from two after that.

I think he is perfectly adequate as a goal kicker.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
A critical match for crowd numbers as well. Sunday afternoon, good weather expected, good curtain-raiser, NZ opposition. If they can't pull a good crowd to this game, the Tahs will be in financial trouble regardless of how the season pans out on the field.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
to the team, I'd like to see Lucas start as well, but don't expect to. BB is out, and I believe TPN wont be back either. Against this Blues team I would go back to Carter and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the centers for defensive reasons. I would also stick with Izzy at 15, but bring drew back in for Turner.

1 - robbo
2 - ulugia
3 - Ryan
4 - douglas
5 - timani
6 - DD
7 - Hooper
8 - Cutch
9 - McKibben
10 - Foley
11 - Mitchell
12 - Carter
13 - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 - Betham
15 - Folau

Richo

John Thornett (49)
1. Fat Cat
2. Ulugia
3. Ryan
4. Douglas
5. S. Timani
6. Dennis
7. Hooper
8. McCutcheon
9. Lucas
10. Foley
11. Mitchell
12. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
13. Turner
14. Betham
15. Folau

16. Holmes
17. Kepu
18. Chapman
19. L. Timani
20. McKibbin
21. Horne
22. Volavola

It's really a pity that Sita's ball skills aren't better. It would be nice to have a big unit at 8.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The crucial change that needs to happen for this game is Lucas to start, Foley (or Barnes to kick goals) and McKibbin to the bench.

Aside from that, they can keep the same team.

Has anyone heard any news on how bad TPN's hamstring injury is?
Is Lucas that much better?
I think the Tahs need to pick the best player and worry about goal kicking later.
I dont think goal kicking will matter this weekend so if Lucas is better footballer go with him - but that accords with my general philosophy anyway.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Lucas that much better?
I think the Tahs need to pick the best player and worry about goal kicking later.
I dont think goal kicking will matter this weekend so if Lucas is better footballer go with him - but that accords with my general philosophy anyway.

No the goal kicker should be the first picked, it's that important. That said I think Foley's goal kicking is adequate so start with Lucas because he is that much better than McKibbin.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Tahs HQ should send the Blues some updated profiles pics to use on their website. That's unless that was the photo Tahs HQ sent them.

130324 Tahs vs Blues.JPG

Back to the Future! From 2010.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The tremors from Tahland have Horne and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the centres, with some switching around. Apparently Gibson reckons Horne can play 12, which he did as a schoolboy (LG, PLEASE give us a rundown on Robbie's junior IC experiences), and I haven't forgotten AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s excellent performance there against Wales a few seasons ago. Not criticising AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s tackling for one minute but Horne's defence is the better of the two, defence is such an important role at inside centre.

Backs could be:

9. McKibbin (I'd prefer to see Lucas get a start)
10. Foley
11. Betham
12. Horne
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Turner
15. Folau
20. Lucas
21. Carter/Mitchell/Kingston
22. Volavola

Both Horne and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) have to grasp Cheika's ball-through-the-hands philosophy or they're on a plane out next year. Not using space outside (especially others' space) and dying with the ball isn't going to cut it in 2013. If you don't believe me, look at where Carter's sitting at the moment.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I dont, it will get to high 20s, but wont go over 30. And due to more unfortunate scheduling their other afternoon game is the following week, easter sunday, so there will be a reduced turnout then too.

The powers that be at Tah HQ should know by now how many tickets have been sold.
If it is bugger all, send the email out to the NSW rugby family, or just the SJRU database. Kids under 16 free, provided one Adult ticket is purchased, and the kids are registered with a NSW Village club for Season 2013 (at say $20 or $15), maximum of 3 kids per Adult ticket. Seating in the General admission (cheap) seats behind the Goal Posts. First in Best dressed, quote your MyRugby ID to prove registration.

Fill the stadium, what ever it takes.

Reduced revenue for a "full" stadium must be better than full revenue for a 1/2 empty stadium.

Oh .... and Strangle the mug that feels that they need to play music at a million dB at every break in play.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Oh .. and Strangle the mug that feels that they need to play music at a million dB at every break in play.

At least the "Tah man on the decks" experiment seems to have come to a sudden halt.

Is it just me or was the coordination and tackling in the teenage girls match at half-time better than some of that displayed by the Tahs?

Status
Not open for further replies.