• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Hurricanes, round 16, 9 July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
A must win game for the Tahs. Their performances against the Chiefs and Sunwolves would seem to suggest the players have finally got Gibson's message as well as running in to a rich vein of form approaching the finals: they're working their arses off backing up, for starters, and have stopped dropping the ball! It's also heartening to see the newbies (Robertson, Dempsey, Holloway and Kellaway) perform so well together with the continued development of Roach, Lousi and Lucas.

Isn't Rob Horne a great team man? Never complains when he's shuffled between 11 and 13, does the simple things well, cleans up missed tackles, carts the pill up into the teeth of big forwards. He's definitely not a top-notch winger but he's one of TGC's first picked. I'd wager if Rob was selected at prop he'd give a good account of himself.

The continued Tah selection of Folau at 13's working a treat, luckily for them they have the personnel at 12 and 15 to help Izzy get his hands on the ball as often as possible. Now DHP's proved himself in gold where to put Folau's a nice problem for Cheika in the future. Michael's at least gotta suck it 'n' see.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
i'm not sure what to be more heartened by - the form of the guys on the paddock or the guys posting the tah match threads.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm just curious as to how Foley can kick like crap in the tests, and then his kicking form gets turned on again? Or were all our tries scored under the posts?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He kicked 5 from 6. One of the successful kicks was certainly from out wide.

I guess it shows that there is a very small margin between a poor performance and a good one when it comes to goal kicking.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
That's true enough.

I'm not a Foley-hater, but it was a little frustrating. Hopefully his kicking radar is still switched on next week!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Blade Thomson and Jeff Toomaga-Allen are both out with injuries. Substantial losses for the Canes.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
That's true enough.

I'm not a Foley-hater, but it was a little frustrating. Hopefully his kicking radar is still switched on next week!

He just looked more settled and confident. His out of hand stuff was better too.

Maybe less pressure?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm just curious as to how Foley can kick like crap in the tests, and then his kicking form gets turned on again? Or were all our tries scored under the posts?
Good or bad he doesn't miss by much

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And it didn't matter. And it doesn't belong on this thread.

Anyways, I'm coaching at Briars (Concord) that afternoon and will probably wander in for a look. I'm also trying to con some cuzzy bros from TSF for a prematch beer, though they're a bit leery of anyone who can pronounce their vowels.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I don't think a forecast 1-6mm of rain is going to swing this one either way, and will be offset anyway by the hot air emanating from Canberra.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
HURRICANES (15-1):
15. James Marshall
14. Cory Jane
13. Matt Proctor
12. Willis Halaholo
11. Julian Savea
10. Beauden Barrett
9. TJ Perenara (vc)
8. Victor Vito
7. Ardie Savea
6. Brad Shields
5. Michael Fatialofa
4. Vaea Fifita
3. Chris Eves
2. Dane Coles (c)
1. Reg Goodes.
Reserves: Ricky Riccitelli, Ben May, Loni Uhila, Mark Abbott, Callum Gibbins, Jamison Gibson-Park, Ngani Laumape, Jason Woodward.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
CmvZYooUEAAVkoO.jpg:large

Lucas passed fit.

Palu healthy and moves back to number 8. Dennis back to lock and Mumm to 6. They'll all need to play well to justify dropping Dempsey to the bench. Hopefully Dempsey provides a big lift in the second half.

Carraro replaces Robinson on the wing.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
CmvZYooUEAAVkoO.jpg:large

Lucas passed fit.

Palu healthy and moves back to number 8. Dennis back to lock and Mumm to 6. They'll all need to play well to justify dropping Dempsey to the bench. Hopefully Dempsey provides a big lift in the second half.

Carraro replaces Robinson on the wing.

Mumm vs Dempsey must have been a close decision.

Reckon Cliffy will get 50 mins (+/- yellow card) and then Dennis will go to 8, Mumm to 5 and Dempsey to 6. About the same time they'll swap Lousi and Skelton.

Surprised Matt Lucas is fit, he's a tough bugger despite his size.

Everything is on the line for every player tonight; one of these teams will miss the finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.