• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Hurricanes Sat 14th May 7.45pm Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I can't decide whetehr to be confident, hopefully confident or pretty worried on this one. Tahs have come on so much thie season that I genuinely think they will be close to favourites?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The Waratahs have beaten all expectations to a pulp this year. Now close to the end of the season it can go two ways: the Waratahs can implode and drop back or they can continue their progress and put away a lesser team. That's the difference between Dan's hopefully confident and pretty worried.

The Waratahs didn't play well on Saturday, while the Moana Pasifica played as well as they have this season. But the Tahs still won, they are back at home this week, Hooper's back and there'll be a raucous crowd behind them. Pretty worried is probably Dan's best position.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tahs have come on so much thie season that I genuinely think they will be close to favourites?

giphy.gif

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Now close to the end of the season it can go two ways: the Waratahs can implode and drop back or they can continue their progress and put away a lesser team

Well, the question is whether the Canes are a lesser team, I guess.

I back Coleman's run so far to at least provide a good performance, but we know these Kiwi sides can arse a lucky bounce to put things away.

As it is my wife's birthday this Saturday, I will be playing 2nd Grade most like, and then taking her to a secret (to her) location for dinner. So I'll likely miss this.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What I like about this season is how we're building into it. Sluggish start with some close losses to the Aussie favourites, a couple of blips where we clearly didn't square our shit away, and then a couple of nice victories to keep the momentum going.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What I like about this season is how we're building into it. Sluggish start with some close losses to the Aussie favourites, a couple of blips where we clearly didn't square our shit away, and then a couple of nice victories to keep the momentum going.
Basically thats a lot to like Pf, really to enjoy a season all you really need to see a some improvement, and it's nice going to games knowing you in with a chance. And that's pretty similar to being a Cane's supporter.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Tahs are paying $3.10 (Canes $1.36). The line is 7.5 points.
Can't believe those odds. They're three points behind us on the table and its a Leichhardt home game. The bookies are playing with their own money, so maybe they know something we don't. But if I was a gambler I'd be loading up on the Tahs. Maybe the Kiwis are bigger gamblers than us and more money is flowing the Canes way? It has got me bamboozled.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon the Tahs are at a pretty good price but I agree with them that it will be an upset if the Tahs win.

I don't think the win over the Crusaders shifts that massively.

I guess we'll see as the week goes on. If the bookies have got the price wrong then you'd assume the Tahs will shorten significantly both in odds and points start.

I think they'll shorten a bit but not a lot.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Forecast for Saturday has changed. Only 20% likelihood of rain, <1mm (meteorological talk for dry). A day ago they were forecasting 5-10mm so make of it what you will, but its more positive than it was.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I have a couple of grandstand tickets available if anyone is looking as I can't make it on Saturday (have another event on).

Reactions: TSR

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
WARATAHS (1-15) Angus Bell, Dave Porecki, Archer Holz, Jed Holloway, Hugh Sinclair, Will Harris, Charlie Gamble, Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco, Jake Gordon (c), Tane Edmed, Dylan Pietsch, Lalakai Foketi, Izaia Perese, Mark Nawaqanitawase, Alex Newsome

RESERVES: Mahe Vailanu, Teterta Faulkner, Paddy Ryan, Ned Hanigan, Langi Gleeson, Jack Grant, Ben Donaldson, Triston Reilly

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Hooper still out! Interesting to see Cridge out (or is he injured) and Ryan selected in front of Smith. Ryan will inject some real spark late that we don't get from Smith, just hope there aren't too many scrums.
Great to see Vailanu selected after his effort against the Saders.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
"... Ryan will inject some real spark late that we don't get from Smith, just hope there aren't too many scrums... "

yes like knocking the ball on or losing it in contact when its the 79th minute and we are a point behind.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Donaldson still on the pine. After last week I thought he was a given for this week.
Edmed was quiet last week but didn't do anything disastrous. Donaldson is still a ready replacement if Edmed collapses in a heap.

So glad to see Ned back. If he goes OK and Hooper is still out next week then he can go to 6 with Harris and Cridge on the bench. Paddy Ryan back from Japan just in time to bolster the scrum! If he's fit he'll be a worthwhile back-up. Looking for Vailanu on at 50 to give the Cans some hurry-up like he gave the Crusaders.

Alex Ross (28)
I don’t recall Ryan being a particularly good scrummager, but effective around the park. Something Smith is not. Still a big ask to pull this one off without Hooper and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes).

Status
Not open for further replies.