• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Reds Rd 18 Sat 13th June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Some postings from the first thread. Please make sure there is not another thread of a match in question before you start a new one - then check it again.

Here are some posts from the first thread started by Lindommer:

This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.
  5. Go the Tahs!
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Many (northern) Reds supporters have declined to travel to Sydney the last few years to support their team at Homebush. Understandable. This year, however, the match is at Moore Park. No excuses, boys and girls, we expect a healthy contingent from north of the border for the Reds' last match of the year.

No excuses except that we've still got RG as coach.

But for the die-hard fan, it could very well be the last chance to see any of Horwill, Hanson, Genia or Cooper in Red. Probably Graham's last go in the coaches box too.

Just got the repair bill on my Nikon 28-70 F2.8. I'M SO DEFINITELY OUT!

This game is literally walking distance from me, undecided if I have a pre-arranged prior engagement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you'd said that two months ago, when I used to work for Canon, I'd have told you that you should have gotten a Canon (plus I used to have a rather large staff discount, to boot).

Now, I can be honest and say that Canon are screwed, so enjoy your Nikon.

Oh, the game? Don't know if I'll be going; Reds will get flogged and I can't walk to the SFS from my home.

You're aware those big shiny things we have down here are called buses, and you only need a bit of spare change to ride on one?

Walk to Concord West, train to Central, then decision of walk vs bus. All to be paid for separate to the ticket. Bleh.

Get an Opal card you peasant ;)

Hah, forgot about that. I train it every day to work now, so it'd actually all be free for me!

Public transport's now included with membership or a match ticket, Ash. No excuses.

Public transport's now included with membership or a match ticket, Ash. No excuses.

Rex Mossop would be proud

And here's the second thread

Started by spikhaza:

Well folks this is it, the final match of the season for the reds and a very important one for the tahs in the context of a home semi final.

In years gone by there would be questions over whether Australia should get on board the bandwagon and have the reds give a strangely inept performance and concede a 35 - 10 four try, bonus point loss. All that talk has disappeared of late, with the knowledge the reds won't have to tank at all to lose by that margin.

So who will it be? The reds giving their players the swan song they rightfully deserve? The waratahs winning both the war of words and the battle on the field by playing the better rugby? Time will tell, but in the meantime, bring on the festival of hate.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Need to sort out the set piece.

Has Porecki had a go yet? Dempsey is showing his wares from the brief clip I saw. Quick

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well folks this is it, the final match of the season for the reds and a very important one for the tahs in the context of a home semi final.
<snip>
So who will it be? The reds giving their players the swan song they rightfully deserve? <snip>.

I'm tipping the Reds will give their Coach the swan song he rightfully deserves.

As often as a once in a 100 year flood, I reckon 50% of the Reds faithful will be barracking for the Tahs to give the Reds a damn good thrashing just to ensure that the Independent Consultants and Coaching Mentor and QRU Board have no option but to send a broom through their HPU and Coaching division.

T

TOCC

As often as a once in a 100 year flood, I reckon 50% of the Reds faithful will be barracking for the Tahs to give the Reds a damn good thrashing just to ensure that the Independent Consultants and Coaching Mentor and QRU Board have no option but to send a broom through their HPU and Coaching division.

You really don't understand Queenslanders if you think Reds fans will support the Tahs against their own team just to get the coach sacked..

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Destiny is in the Tahs hands - they can't have it any better than that. Win with a BP - they come 2nd and their chances to defend the title improve. It's that simple. Anything less and the Rugby Gods have their say.
I expect the Reds players to be fired up and scrapping it out.
We'll need a much better scrum and lineout, as @Pfitzy says, to bring this one home. Players like TPN and Skelton will be a big help.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm not expecting a big performance from Horwill and Simmons. Their best performances have been against their wallaby competitors Coleman, Timani and Jones.

I reckon they will feel buoyed from their set piece demolition last night, and Horwill will feel the need to atone the way Messam made him look like an absolute statue as he sprinted past.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You really don't understand Queenslanders if you think Reds fans will support the Tahs against their own team just to get the coach sacked..
Then you deserve everything you underachieving performance the Reds have delivered and will continue to deliver.

You can't tell me that deep down any Reds supporter wants to have another year of what Coach Woody has delivered for the last two years. Some fortitude and common sense needs to be displayed in Reds HQ. Are they capable of it? Probably not but further discussion is probably best left up to the Reds Coaching Options thread.

Waratahs should get Skelton back from suspension. Latu and Horne still serving penance.

Putting the cart before the horse and counting some chickens before the camels back is broken by the cows coming home, Was Lotu banned for 4 games or 4 weeks? If Tahs get a week off for finishing in 2nd place, will he be available for the Home Semi Final (4th week missed but only missing three Super Game)? Can next fortnights Shute Shield Game be considered as a game he has missed if it is a 4 game, as opposed 4 week, suspension so he becomes available for the Home Semi Final?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Destiny is in the Tahs hands - they can't have it any better than that. Win with a BP - they come 2nd and their chances to defend the title improve. It's that simple. Anything less and the Rugby Gods have their say.
I expect the Reds players to be fired up and scrapping it out.
We'll need a much better scrum and lineout, as @Pfitzy says, to bring this one home. Players like TPN and Skelton will be a big help.

And Latu. Roach has had a very steep learning curve in the set pieces and I am hoping he is getting a lot of one on one time with Ledesma before the latter leaves these shores. If he doesn't improve that aspect of his game he will have a very short pro career at 2. Wouldn't hurt him to have a chat with Adam Friar, the last small stature hooker (in Oz) I can think of to hold his own.

T

TOCC

Then you deserve everything you underachieving performance the Reds have delivered and will continue to deliver.

You can't tell me that deep down any Reds supporter wants to have another year of what Coach Woody has delivered for the last two years. Some fortitude and common sense needs to be displayed in Reds HQ. Are they capable of it? Probably not but further discussion is probably best left up to the Reds Coaching Options thread.

Just because the majority of Queenslanders won't ever barrack against their team doesn't mean the fans deserve an underachieving team.. That's some strange logic, perhaps that's how NSW fans operate, but not in Queensland.

Supporting your team doesn't mean you support the coach, it means I support the players and I support the 100years of history that the jersey represents...

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

:confused:

Yeah, because this one loss after two full seasons of shit - that will be the difference maker.

Supporting the team and supporting retainment of an underperforming coach are two entirely different things.

This is just a completely bizarre post.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Just because the majority of Queenslanders won't ever barrack against their team doesn't mean the fans deserve an underachieving team.. That's some strange logic, perhaps that's how NSW fans operate, but not in Queensland.

Supporting your team doesn't mean you support the coach, it means I support the players and I support the 100years of history that the jersey represents.

Respond to the poster, not all of us please.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
As a Reds fan I'll still be going for the Reds no doubt but a loss would be offset by the fact that NSW get a home semi final, and all importantly, money, which is in short supply for Rugby.

That and the fact that we won't steal the Force's reputation for being "that fucken team that plays shit for a full season but is unstoppable in the one game it plays against us"

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't think the reds players are equipped with the right tools to match it with a strongly motivated tahs outfit.

I think the reds will try really hard, put in some big hits and show occasional individual brilliance - but be slaughtered by at least five tries.

That's the most likely outcome based in logic and reason.

But reds to win 3-0 will be enough to satisfy me.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'm probably the only poster aboard who can claim to be at Ballymore for the 42-4 and 48-10 thrashings in the late 70s AND the First Test against Scotland in 1982 when the locals booed Glen and Mark Ella. Nothing more than a good pantsing is all this Queensland side deserves. Bring it on! :cool:

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Different sport, but I think this sums up the Qld attitude:

2958ACC600000578-3110641-image-a-1_1433407217091.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.