• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Cantabs. Saturday, April 30, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Date: Saturday, April 30, 2022
Venue: Leichhardt Oval

crusader_zpsozbpm6f6.png

nsfwt_zpsoky6rhdc.png

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The Bell decision, like it or not, has changed the dynamic this week. If Porecki is cleared then the Crusaders will face one of the best front rows in the comp and the foundation on which the Waratahs build their defensive pattern. Apart from the morale lift this will offer them, there'll be the incentive to repay the shellacking they got last year.

Foketi is back, and I think if they can swap Harris and Vosayco-Warren there will be enough firepower to cause the Crusaders a lot of grief. That said, you can still put your house on the Crusaders winning, but probably not a 50 point drubbing. The Tahs need to learn from the tactical lesson they got in the second half against the Chiefs after they got to within 3.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Tahs team named. Vailanu at hooker, TBC as backup. Pietsch to wing, Newsome bench. Ramm to bench. otherwise same as last week.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
WARATAHS (1-15): Angus Bell, Mahe Vailanu, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Jed Holloway, Hugh Sinclair, Charlie Gamble, Michael Hooper, Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco, Jake Gordon, Tane Edmed, Dylan Pietsch, Lalakai Foketi, Izaia Perese, Mark Nawaqanitawase, Alex Newsome

RESERVES: TBC, Tetera Faulkner, Archer Holz, Geoff Cridge, Will Harris, Jack Grant, Ben Donaldson, James Ramm

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
WARATAHS (1-15): Angus Bell, Mahe Vailanu, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Jed Holloway, Hugh Sinclair, Charlie Gamble, Michael Hooper, Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco, Jake Gordon, Tane Edmed, Dylan Pietsch, Lalakai Foketi, Izaia Perese, Mark Nawaqanitawase, Alex Newsome

RESERVES: TBC, Tetera Faulkner, Archer Holz, Geoff Cridge, Will Harris, Jack Grant, Ben Donaldson, James Ramm
Given the obvious outs, that's about the best we can do. I would have put Donaldson at 15 where he played last year, with Newsome on Pietsch's wing and put Roberts on the bench. Otherwise, its the best possible and should hopefully get a bonus point loss. It will very much depend on Vailanu learning his lesson and going low and hard all night. He needs to play at least 75 mins.

Hope Ned Hanigan is back next week along with Porecki. That would add some rugby smarts but I really wish we had them this week.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Given the obvious outs, that's about the best we can do. I would have put Donaldson at 15 where he played last year, with Newsome on Pietsch's wing and put Roberts on the bench. Otherwise, its the best possible and should hopefully get a bonus point loss. It will very much depend on Vailanu learning his lesson and going low and hard all night. He needs to play at least 75 mins.

Hope Ned Hanigan is back next week along with Porecki. That would add some rugby smarts but I really wish we had them this week.
Didn't think Hed Nanigan was back at all for Super Rugby?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"The Crusaders have rested All Blacks Ethan Blackadder, Richie Mo'unga, Braydon Ennor and George Bridge for the Waratahs clash, with Fergus Burke handed the No 10 jersey."

Fight back the tears, Horsemen of the Auckpocalypse :cool:

CruSadists: Will Jordan, Sevu Reece, Jack Goodhue, David Havili, Leicester Fainga'anuku, Fergus Burke, Cullen Grace, Tim Christie, Pablo Matera, Sam Whitelock, Zach Gallagher, Oli Jager, Codie Taylor (c), George Bower. Reserves: Ricky Jackson, Tamaiti Williams, Fletcher Newell, Dominic Gardiner, Sione Havili Talitui, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Simon Hickey, Dallas McLeod.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

Kuritas final game isnt until this weekend. Surely has has a few beers with his team mates then heads back mid week. No chance he will play for at least 4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.