• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Chiefs Super Rugby Rd 10, Fri 19 April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So... some brilliant organisation by all parties means that the Tahs vs Chiefs is on at the SFS and kicks off at 7:40pm

Next door at the SCG, the Swans play the Cats kicking off at 7:50pm. With the Swans as premiers and the Cats a quality side you can expect this to be very close to a sellout (at the reduced capacity) of 30 odd thousand people.

Then to top it all off there's a sold out Guy Sebastian concert at the Hordern Pavillion which means another 5,000 or so people in the precinct.

What a clusterf#ck.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
So. some brilliant organisation by all parties means that the Tahs vs Chiefs is on at the SFS and kicks off at 7:40pm

Next door at the SCG, the Swans play the Cats kicking off at 7:50pm. With the Swans as premiers and the Cats a quality side you can expect this to be very close to a sellout (at the reduced capacity) of 30 odd thousand people.

Then to top it all off there's a sold out Guy Sebastian concert at the Hordern Pavillion which means another 5,000 or so people in the precinct.

What a clusterf#ck.
Whats the problem?
The mass transit system servicing Moore Park will cope easily with this.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Great organization all round! I'll probably have to walk to this, given I couldn't get on a bus from Bondi Junction when we were playing the Force I won't even bother trying for this one.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Great organization all round! I'll probably have to walk to this, given I couldn't get on a bus from Bondi Junction when we were playing the Force I won't even bother trying for this one.

Mate, much quicker to walk from the Junction for the Chiefs, I reckon. Take a couple for the road, have a cheeky slash in Centennial, get to the game nice and early. Ripper.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What a mess. The second unfortunate scheduling ballsup (after the Mardi Gras) by SANZAR. Although on this occasion the Tahs management look to be responsible as, surely, it's their job to pass on knowledge of local events. Maybe the Mardi Gras mess WAS the Tahs' fault.

Anyways, on to matters rugby. The SFS crowds this year have been very disappointing, and we haven't had a G&GR social occasion before or after a game yet. SOOO, how's about a session at either The Local Taphouse or the Fox+Lion at the Entertainment Quarter? I'm up for an early start (is midday early enough?:rolleyes: ) and a feed. Any fellow frivollers?

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
What a mess. The second unfortunate scheduling ballsup (after the Mardi Gras) by SANZAR. Although on this occasion the Tahs management look to be responsible as, surely, it's their job to pass on knowledge of local events. Maybe the Mardi Gras mess WAS the Tahs' fault.

From what I can see, the Super Rugby Draw was released in September, the AFL Draw was released in October and the Guy Sebastien concert went on sale in March....

Can someone please tell me how this is the Waratahs managements fault?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Anyways, on to matters rugby. The SFS crowds this year have been very disappointing, and we haven't had a G&GR social occasion before or after a game yet. SOOO, how's about a session at either The Local Taphouse or the Fox+Lion at the Entertainment Quarter? I'm up for an early start (is midday early enough?:rolleyes: ) and a feed. Any fellow frivollers?

I'm pretty sure the Super Rugby draw came out well before the AFL draw (and certainly before any announcement of a Guy Sebastian concer).

Hard to blame SANZAR for this one.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I think SANZAR can get some stick this. The AFL is confident enough in its own game to clash with rugby, they've scheduled several Eagles/Dockers games to clash with Force games and now they are doing the same in Sydney. In fairness if your a casual sports supporter are you going to watch the Tahs or the AFL premiers? Good tactics by the AFL if anything, however SANZAR/Tahs knew about this since October, they've had plenty of time to either promote the sh!t out of this or move it to another time. Guess what, they've done neither surprisingly.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think SANZAR can get some stick this. The AFL is confident enough in its own game to clash with rugby, they've scheduled several Eagles/Dockers games to clash with Force games and now they are doing the same in Sydney. In fairness if your a casual sports supporter are you going to watch the Tahs or the AFL premiers? Good tactics by the AFL if anything, however SANZAR/Tahs knew about this since October, they've had plenty of time to either promote the sh!t out of this or move it to another time. Guess what, they've done neither surprisingly.

They might have thought about it except that the Reds host the Brumbies in Brisbane on the Saturday night.

There's no way SANZAR, Foxtel or the QRU are going to have that match moved to the lower rating Friday night just to boost the Waratahs crowd by a small amount.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Simple, move the match to Sunday afternoon.

When the Tigers are playing the Dragons at the SCG? Only a slightly improved alternative. And who do you move into the Friday night slot? - Foxtel will want a match there

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
When the Tigers are playing the Dragons at the SCG? Only a slightly improved alternative. And who do you move into the Friday night slot? - Foxtel will want a match there

The Tigers vs Dragons is this Sunday.

This match is not until next Friday.

There's actually no Rugby League in Sydney that weekend as the only match is Australia vs New Zealand in Canberra on the Friday night.

Given that, it would have actually made sense from a fan point of view to move this game to the Sunday. Considering the Waratahs head to South Africa after this game, from a team/coach perspective, I'm sure they'd much prefer a Friday night game than a Sunday afternoon game.

T

TOCC

Sunday afternoon rates the lowest thus it will be the last time-slot filled and foxtel wouldn't allow it.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
OK you blokes, cut out the petty chatter and put your hands up for an afternoon on the piss. Better still, bring your petty chatter with you on the 19th.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
OK Lindo, I'll front up and say that I am in for a pre game drink. Either the tap house or the Fox n Lion, I'm not fussed. I may or may not have the wife in tow, but I assure you I will have petty chatter.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Mrs JSRF10 is out of town for the weekend so I'm up for a few beers before this one. I'll do my best to save all petty chatter for the occasion.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Just got this in a members email:

Our records show you are over 18 years of age and we would like to invite you to a Saltram Wine Club members’ only tasting event taking place before the Chiefs game on Friday 19 April from 6.00-7.30pm in the Randwick Room at Allianz Stadium.

Valued at $100 per person, this FREE tasting will provide you with an opportunity to sample Saltram’s premium range of wines, including those available exclusively to club members only. It is perfectly timed to allow you to take in all the on-field action, either from your regular seats or in the private suite, when the on-field action kicks off at 7:40pm against the Chiefs.

Becoming a member of the wine club is FREE, register here to be eligible to attend the member tasting event and take advantage of other member benefits, including 40% discounts off recommended retail prices and free delivery.

Places are limited

To secure your place at this exclusive event, please join the Waratahs Saltram Wine Club and then RSVP* by this Friday (12 April)......

interesting.....

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just got this in a members email:

Our records show you are over 18 years of age and we would like to invite you to a Saltram Wine Club members’ only tasting event taking place before the Chiefs game on Friday 19 April from 6.00-7.30pm in the Randwick Room at Allianz Stadium.

Valued at $100 per person, this FREE tasting will provide you with an opportunity to sample Saltram’s premium range of wines, including those available exclusively to club members only. It is perfectly timed to allow you to take in all the on-field action, either from your regular seats or in the private suite, when the on-field action kicks off at 7:40pm against the Chiefs.

Becoming a member of the wine club is FREE, register here to be eligible to attend the member tasting event and take advantage of other member benefits, including 40% discounts off recommended retail prices and free delivery.

Places are limited

To secure your place at this exclusive event, please join the Waratahs Saltram Wine Club and then RSVP* by this Friday (12 April)..
$100 worth of piss in an hour-and-a-half? Even the members of the Board would be flat out getting through that much.

And if you did manage to sink $100 worth you'd be highly unlikely to "take in all the on-field action".

No disrespect to the Saltram people but "valued at $100"? If you go to Reims - and it would probably take about the same time to get there as it will to get to Allianz on the 19th - you could go to Veuve Clicquot where a "Tasting and Tour is 26 euro per person and lasts about 1.5 hours." Or if you were back packing you could visit Mumm where the "Tour and Tasting is 10 euro."

Status
Not open for further replies.