• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Force - 2011R12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
This is one of those games that the Tahs can only look forward to with trepidation. The Force are getting all their injured players back and are beginning to play with some real style. Meanwhile, half the Tahs are still in casualty and some of those uninjured are not going very well at all. The simple Force gameplan seems to be quite well enmeshed into their play. The Tah team selection and gameplan seems to be quite disfunctional - like one coach was doing one and another coach was doing the other, both without knowing what the other was doing.

Word is that Horne, Palu, Fitzy, Pakalani and Waugh will be out for a while. TPN is in doubt (latest report is out 3 weeks), which means Ulugia will start, not a selection to inspire a great deal of enthusiasm. McCutcheon has been awful, Burgo can't box kick but is doing remedial practise during matches, Barnes field kicking was ineffective and Cross has been diabolical.

I wonder how the Force will play when they go in as raging favourites?

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes, if it's a dry track and the Force come out like they did last week, it could be a interesting game. You would have to think JOC (James O'Connor) and Cummins will be looking to run at Cross most of the night after his efforts against Cooper. Buggered if I would like to predict this one to tell you the truth, might have to toss a coin for my Superbru picks!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I don't normally feel confident when the Force run out against the Tahs, but I think we are a big chance this week, based on the relative fitness of the two playing lists. All of our big guns are back and many of the corresponding players in the Tahs line up are either battling to be fit or won't be there.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Biggest problem is that the Force played one of their biggest games of the season last weekend. I dont know if they can get up again.
Sure they lost but the level both teams were playing at was very high, and it will be tough to do it two weeks in a row.

G

GC

Pocock will be much fitter after running out the cobwebs, as evidenced by his 2nd half performance. The force back 5 + JOC (James O'Connor) could do real damage to the Tahs.

On a side not: if Hickey plays TPN, Tahs supporters should gain UN approval and instigate an immediate revolution and overthrow.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Pocock will be much fitter after running out the cobwebs, as evidenced by his 2nd half performance. The force back 5 + JOC (James O'Connor) could do real damage to the Tahs.

On a side not: if Hickey plays TPN, Tahs supporters should gain UN approval and instigate an immediate revolution and overthrow.

probelm with your statement is, TPN at 10% would still bring out a better performance from the entire team than not having him on the field at all. he is out 3 weeks. but its the medical staff that make the call, not hickey, so if we all take a deep breath. Maybe the force should rest pocock, he is more injury prone anyway.

G

GC

probelm with your statement is, TPN at 10% would still bring out a better performance from the entire team than not having him on the field at all. he is out 3 weeks. but its the medical staff that make the call, not hickey, so if we all take a deep breath. Maybe the force should rest pocock, he is more injury prone anyway.

I fully agree that TPN at 10% is still excellent. Hickey or the medical staff or whoever makes the final decision is risking TPN having serious physical and neurological injury. It's only a friggin' game.

I stopped playing rugby from concussions and being concussed enough to vomit is pretty damn serious. Then to get concussed again the next week is insane. Just on the precautionary principle TPN should sit out for at least as long as Barnes - even if he doesn't want to.

A

Alex-A

Im very worried for the tahs. This game is generally a low scoring arm wrestle, which can put a large emphasis on goal-kicking. Force kicked very well against the crusaders and have a small edge over the Tahs here. Pocock will also cause havoc at the breakdown who wasn't around for the Perth fixture.

T

Tahfan

I fully agree that TPN at 10% is still excellent. Hickey or the medical staff or whoever makes the final decision is risking TPN having serious physical and neurological injury. It's only a friggin' game.

Looks like he's out for this week at least

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/polotanau-gets-a-threeweek-rest-20110502-1e4kk.html

What worries more is the amount of head knocks he is taking. It's not an occupational hazard as I can't think of ANY other hooker who has had these many. Like with barnes it is most likely a technical aspect of their tackling that needs to be fixed for the good of their careers.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

I stopped playing rugby from concussions and being concussed enough to vomit is pretty damn serious. Then to get concussed again the next week is insane. Just on the precautionary principle TPN should sit out for at least as long as Barnes - even if he doesn't want to.

He nearly knocked himself out twice in one game earlier in the season.

The guy surely can't be the sharpest tool in the shed. You go flying in head first once but surely you hold back just a little after that. He doesn't seem to learn much and will end his own career if he carries on like this. Not too clever, considering he does enough good stuff and doesn't need to turn himself into a human missile.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
For the good of Australian Rugby, the Force should lose this one, but I predict they will continue their habit of being a late season party pooper and win this one to ensure two aussie teams don't make the finals.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
the forces backrow could defos strangle the tahs outa this one
but the warratahs go into derbies with an arrogance that often gets em through games they shouldnt> kinda like how a big brother can never allow his little brother to get one over him... they were a lot closer to the reds than their form in previous games suggested...
front row- tahs
locks- force
backrow-force
halves- tahs
centers-force
outside backs- tough- force wings with beale over sheppherd
ill go with my head and say tahs at home... and cause they need it more... but wow the force have got key players in the right positions

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

The guy surely can't be the sharpest tool in the shed. You go flying in head first once but surely you hold back just a little after that. He doesn't seem to learn much and will end his own career if he carries on like this. Not too clever, considering he does enough good stuff and doesn't need to turn himself into a human missile.
very true, mate. He can play aggressively more in a Mealamu mould. I fear he'll be that player many will say could have been anything, but we never got to see it.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I don't normally feel confident when the Force run out against the Tahs, but I think we are a big chance this week, based on the relative fitness of the two playing lists. All of our big guns are back and many of the corresponding players in the Tahs line up are either battling to be fit or won't be there.

I think the Force area huge chance against the Tahs this weekend. They are playing much better football and are displaying much more hunger to win.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

In TPN's defence, he's a smart bloke outside rugby. He just has this kamikaze tendency.

Status
Not open for further replies.