• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Websites for sharing photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Can anyone recommend a good web site for storing photos ?

I have been using Flickr to store photos for family back home to see and download but it has finally done my head in and I want to try somewhere else. It needs to be password or designated user access only, and free to use (I’m a tight arse and expect all things in life to be free). I use facebook occasionally but the profanity of some of my friends/contacts would send my mum’s aging heart into overdrive so that’s a no go. It needs to be user friendly as my IT skills and patience are not my strong points and a blogging option would be good but not critical.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Have you looked at Google's Picassa service? Would seem to meet your requirements - not sure how many Gb you get but probably enough to get by for the family photos.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Picassa is pretty good, best bit is you can download and install their software and use it to bulk upload photo's which can resize them before uploading which saves time and space.

1GB space in the free version, US$5/yr to upgrade to 20GB

http://picasa.google.com/

Just checked it out, this feature looks 'ken awesome
Add name tags -- Picasa scans all the photos in your collection, identifies the ones with faces, and groups photos with similar faces together. It's easy to add name tags to dozens of photos at once by clicking "Add a name" below a photo and typing the person's name. Once you've tagged some pictures, you can make a face collage with one click, easily find all your pictures with the same two people in them, or upload your name tags to Picasa Web Albums. Learn more

Status
Not open for further replies.