• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2021

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's a big iron ore port and more recently there has been interest in hydrogen production. I think Twiggy's focus is further North and in QLD, but there have been other companies looking at Geraldton for hydrogen, and he's a pretty major player in that space now so it wouldn't be surprising if he is looking there too.

yeah, with the recent announcements in QLD I suspect the Reds will be looking to engage with him as well. My thinking was this would be part of that similar to Rio Tinto trial match with the Tahs

Wilson

Jim Lenehan (48)
yeah, with the recent announcements in QLD I suspect the Reds will be looking to engage with him as well. My thinking was this would be part of that similar to Rio Tinto trial match with the Tahs
Looks a bit that way, but with McGowan stating the borders will not open to NSW or Vic until some time next year this is also looks like the only trial the Force can organize at this stage.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
timing will be interesting. Super Rugby is set to kick off the weekend of 18 Feb. Reds are playing NSW in Roma the weekend of 11/12 Feb. So this trial is probably the week before that?

Wilson

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah, I think the WA border will probably be open at that stage, it's just the advance notice that allows them to plan that's missing right now, particularly for something smaller like a trial match.

I do wonder if the Force might end up with some combination of an early bye and a trip to Brisbane to play the Reds and Drua to give them as much wiggle room as possible, given that WA border looks like it's going to be the hardest one going into the start of the competition next year. I guess that also assumes that they don't close it to QLD come December/January when we open up.