• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who is this player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Jeez gill use to tear it up back in the day. So did the other flanker as well. Both were very good that year.

B

BRIX

No idea, and sorry to get off topic but I just noticed #12, Tyson Frizell. I didn't know he played Union when he was younger. He's a fine athlete and I'm surprised the system failed him/he failed the system. He's half Tongan or Samoan/half Welsh. Playing rugby league for Wales now. Anyway, good luck to him.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Seen that before, LG knows it but his name escapes me now. I think he's from NSW

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think that's Kyle Godwin

No idea, and sorry to get off topic but I just noticed #12, Tyson Frizell. I didn't know he played Union when he was younger. He's a fine athlete and I'm surprised the system failed him/he failed the system. He's half Tongan or Samoan/half Welsh. Playing rugby league for Wales now. Anyway, good luck to him.

I'm not sure how it happened, he was playing for Souths 1st Colts in 2009 as well. Big loss, he'll go very well in 1st grade next year.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
The incident at 5:42 isn't a penalty, let alone a yellow card.

Did look like a great game. Sopoaga looked good. There are big wraps on him and I can see why. Hopefully he can step up next year.

B

BRIX

I'm not sure how it happened, he was playing for Souths 1st Colts in 2009 as well. Big loss, he'll go very well in 1st grade next year.

Right on Qwerty. Some of my good mates from back home went through Souths but never went on to play professionally. William Blackett particularly, Adam Choker was a good hard runner of the ball also. Junior Talipeau who now boxes professional also played for Souths. Cheers

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Right on Qwerty. Some of my good mates from back home went through Souths but never went on to play professionally. William Blackett particularly, Adam Choker was a good hard runner of the ball also. Junior Talipeau who now boxes professional also played for Souths. Cheers

I though A. Choker was a kiwi!

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Havent seen that vid in a while actually, that pass is very Larkham to mortlock esque, in 2004 against the boks i think

Thoughts:
PAE - Dominant ball carrier cant wait to see him at the Rebels
Gill - Absolute Gun!
Stirzacker - great pass on him
CFS - Decent even when he was 2/3 years younger than everyone else
Tom Kingston - seems to have improved a lot in 2 years

Absolutely love the way Lima Sopoaga plays 10, one of my favourite players and hes got some great feet on him

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Jeez gill use to tear it up back in the day. So did the other flanker as well. Both were very good that year.
The other flanker plyed Ist grade for Easts in Brissy last year as inside centre, went back to NZ this year ,is in the North Harbour academy now I think. Actually the NZ hooker played his first couple of years rugby at Logan City Rugby club too, he was hooking for NZ in World U20s this year.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
2 years later and 8 of the starting team now have super (full or EPS) spots, 1 is in the Aussie 7's and 2 are in the NAtional academy. Not a bad strike rate for the much maligned Schools selectors!

I think it is depressing. A team that was beaten by their New Zealand equivalents has eight Super reps. From the NZ 15 I count only three with Super contracts, all of whom are backs. Unless I am mistaken, not one of those forwards has yet matured to Super status. You don't make it to the top in NZ without proving yourself against the others at NPC level. Here you get an armchair ride up. And we wonder why our forwards are marshmallows.

Status
Not open for further replies.