• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Winners - G&GR Scarf awards 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
FORUM AWARDS

The Gold Scarf - forum poster of the year: Moses, RugbyReg, and Lee Grant (3-way tie)
Nominations: Moses, RugbyReg, Gagger, Austin, fatprop, Langthorne, Scarfman, PaarlBok, LeeGrant

The Poster You Most Want To Have A Beer With - winner Cyclopath
Nominations: Moses, cyclopath, Scarfman, Lindommer, fatprop, barbarian, naza, WaratahJesus, Lee Grant, Hawko, Gagger, The Brown Hornet, Bruce Ross.

Lee Grant Award - most knowledgeable poster: Lee Grant
Nominations: fatprop, Scotty, Austin, Blue, Lee Grant, RugbyReg, tranquility, Bruce Ross

Rookie of the year - Hugh Jarse
Nominations: The Brown Hornet, RugbyFuture, Konze, Jnor, Hawko, Chief, Hartman, Hugh Jarse, Seb V, Thin Thighs, Reds Happy, Gnostic, Austin.

Most passionate poster: winner Reddy!
Nominations: Reddy!, WaratahJesus, naza, Scotty, Gnostic

The Tom Carter - poster most likely to start a fight: Reddy!
Nominations: Bruce Ross, biffo, Gnostic, WaratahJesus, Reddy!, Scotty

Funniest poster - winner Moses, for "I want to giz in my mouth" as Wallabies won in Bloemfontein
Nominations: Cyclopath, Scarfman, Moses, naza, Blue, PaarlBok.

The Yellow Scarf of Friendship - best overseas poster: Paarlbok
Nominations: PaarlBok, Blue, Thomond78, dobduff11, MajorlyRagerly, Scorz.

The Robbie - most incoherent poster: winner Wazimba2K
Nominations: Wazimba2K, WaratahJesus, Matto, Lee Grant, PaarlBok

NTA award - winner Bruce Ross
Nominations: Topo, Wamberal, BrumbyJack, Moses, Lindomer, Bruce Ross, The Riddler, Gagger, Lee Grant

Best Avatar - winner Fatprop
Nominations: Riddler, Hugh Jarse, fatprop, Blue, cyclopath, MajorlyRagerly, WaratahJesus

Most missed poster - winner NTA
Nominations: formeropenside, NTA, Wazimba2K, biffo, Red Bull, Spook, Jury

G&GR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES

Scarfie - he is the knitter of the Scarf

Juan Cote - a stalwart of the G&GR earliest days, writer of My Week - Quade Cooper, and Juan for the Road

BLOG AWARDS

Blogger of the Year - Austin
The guy who takes the top gong this year has put in an amount and level of work that is simply breath-taking.

* He (pretty much) single handedly captured the full stats for the 2010 Tri-Nations and compiled them into fantastic reports and analysis
* He's used his first class video analysis abilities to show everything from where Gits' kicking is going wrong, to how the Aussie backline can go right
* He came up with the Best Aussie Club Try idea, and then did the lion share of the hard slog in running it

Hon Mention: RugbyReg.
A guy who's knowledge of all things historical in Aussie rugby is nothing short of encyclopaedic. His review of the Aussie players of the decade was so good we turned it into a book (you can download it here) and it single-handedly kept us afloat over the 2009 new year period.

The Man of the People Award - Lance Free
This award recognises the true Aussie battler. The guy who's there for the team announcements, news flashes and heart felt pulse of the rugby nation. Without him, there'd be weeds

Rookie of the year - Brumby Jack
Has established the nations capital as another G&GR base and become an investigative reporter bar none with his coverage of the Giteau hearing as an example
Hon mention: Mr Timms. A very close contender with his help around the traps and recent form with super quick match reports like this http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/wallabies-v-springboks-3-a-corner-turned/

Best Rookie Logo Maker - RugbyFuture

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Unfortunately my Internet went down on Saturday night so I missed the chance to say thanks. More importantly thanks to all who contribute - I found the site just over 12 months ago in that quiet period between the end of the Tri Nations and the Spring Tour. I went looking for something to keep me interested whilst there was no rugby in Australia and what a gem I found. Look forward to the next 12 months in the lead up tot he RWC where GreenAndGoldRugby will be the place to be.

B

Burke's Boot

Whats the Nick the Aussie Award and why has he left this fine board?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The NTA Medal is for the G&GR poster who contributed most to a grassroots club during the year; it's in honour of Nick's superb efforts at the mighty Rouse Hill Renegades. This year it was (erroneously) awarded to Bruce Ross who does something or other for those thieving bastards at Sydney University. There were a couple of magnificent contributions by others who supported worthy district clubs but absentee and postal votes for them got lost in the mail.

Nick's having a (wife-induced) rest.

B

Burke's Boot

Nick's having a (wife-induced) rest.

jez that sounds nasty and reminds me why the free-spirited BB is an evangelising bachelor and doesn't want a Minister for War & Finance aka Wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.