• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's Pacific Four Nations 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Day 1 6/06/22 - Tauranga Domain

Canada 36-5 USA

NZ 23-10 Australia

Hopefully a better/ longer package to follow, that one doesn't really do the game justice.

Day 2 12/06/22 - Waitakere Trust Arena, Auckland

Day 3 18/06/22 - Semenoff Stadium, Whangarei

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep well I watched the NZ/Aus game on 3 this arvo, I would of been a little bit disappointed if U15s college team showed same skill level, and in same wet conditions. Really saw nothing that would make me look forward to WC later in year from either team.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
thought the good bits were pretty decent but, yes, the bad bits weren't too flash so all in all a bit frustrating but get them on a dry track (which may not happen on Sunday either) & I think the quality will improve dramatically.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I thought our girls did well against the kiwis as just watched the 8 minute highlights package. Gap at least between nz and oz closing but it is the European team in womens xv that are the pace setters (which I think is refreshing and good for the game)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wallaroos will be lucky to get out of their pool (NZ, Wales, Scotland) based on those performances.

yeah, they were very poor. Its the best preparation they've ever had, they're getting paid some cash, and they were dire.

In fairness, everyone else's preparation and payments are improved too. But a lot more.

Tell you what we could spend $1.5M on the likes of Joseph Sua'ali'i and Angus Chrichton or we could spend it on bringing back the likes of Millie Boyle, Lavina Gould, Emily Bass, Shenae Ciesiolka, Amy Turner, Hagiga Mosby, Lauren Brown, Destiny Brill, Evania Pelite, Emma Tonegato, Shannon Mato, April Ngatupuna, Cobie-Jane Morgan, Hannah Southwell, Page McGregor, et al

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
yeah, they were very poor. Its the best preparation they've ever had, they're getting paid some cash, and they were dire.

Starting halves pairing against NZ - while in challenging conditions - were a bit "meh"

Thought the two against Canada were markedly better.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
fitness was terrible for team that has been together so much. That's one thing that is controllable

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
How were you all expecting them to perform? Every team we played has played in a World Cup final and every final has included one of the teams.

When the tournament was announced they were the weakest team and nothing has changed, there is a good chance they will be headed for 2nd division next year.

1655858430072.png

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How did I expect them to perform? Better.

Their attack was dire. No front foot ball with their forwards largely flat footed (other than Grace Hamilton really).

Has Pfitz said, their halves were pretty uninspiring too. We barely got the ball outside 10.

The handling was pretty crap too. Really disappointing from some of our back three experienced players who made too many basic mistakes.

I wasn't expecting wins, but was definitely expecting a better performance.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just as a matter of interst fellas, after testing positive to covid etc, I been stuck at home today instead of being at rugby, and have had to watch Farah Palmer Cup (womens NPC) and was interested to see Rebels No 9 is playing for Otago, and USA No8 is playing for Tasman, apparently the yank bird got here a day before trials for Tasman. The rugby skills are pretty bloody ordinary too I have to say.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well just to prove me an asshole, still stuck watching women's rugby today, and christ I not even sure they were playing same game as 2 matches I saw yesterday, they were pretty handy standard, especially Wellington- Counties game

Status
Not open for further replies.