• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2021/22 (World Series, Oceania, Comm Games & R7WC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
On the current ladder yes, SA 111 Arg 105, Aus 100 but don't forget that the two worst Series performances don't count so on that basis SA are actually further in front:

1. SA 88 (111)
2. Arg 75 (105) -13 (-6)
3. Aus 72 (100) -16 (-11)
4. Fiji 64 (65) -24 (-46)
5. USA 56 (70) -32 (-41)
6. Ire 51 (69) -37 (-42)

Unless SA miss a Leg I don't think they can be caught even if they don't win another one.
Yes this is where excluding 2 worse performances is unfortunate as don’t think any of top 3 teams missed any games. Hence be interested to see raw final scores who is on top vs adjusted scores for exclusion of 2 worse performances.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Portia Woodman has been named in the NZ squad for Langford where she stands a decent chance of becoming the first woman to score 200 World Series tries: currently on 195 which is already a record but obviously 200 would be a career-defining achievement. First tournament since tearing her Achilles in October 2019.

"The Black Ferns Sevens squad for Langford is Michaela Blyde, Kelly Brazier, Theresa Fitzpatrick, Stacey Fluhler, Sarah Hirini (C), Jazmin Hotham, Shiray Kaka, Tyla Nathan-Wong, Risaleaana Pouri-Lane, Alena Saili, Terina Te Tamaki, Tenika Willison, Portia Woodman"

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
Keep an eye out for Jesse Southwell who is on debut for the girls sevens comp in langford. she isn't that big, pretty quick, magic step, great long pass but signed for the next years bloody newcastle league girls team. She was a standout in the aon comp. Had to finish high school held her back a bit...
I would like to think that was my problem too....

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Keep an eye out for Jesse Southwell who is on debut for the girls sevens comp in langford. she isn't that big, pretty quick, magic step, great long pass but signed for the next years bloody newcastle league girls team. She was a standout in the aon comp. Had to finish high school held her back a bit...
I would like to think that was my problem too....

Surely she cant be as small as Faith Nathan

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ held to a draw by Fiji but still top Pool C & will play loser of Aus v Canada (last match of the day in around 90 minutes) in a QF.

Edit: Portia Woodman's match-saver was her 199th World Series try.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Faith Nathan has serious wheels & terrific footwork.

HT Aus 7-0 Canada.

Aus starting to run away with it now, aided by unforced errors by Canada.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
France 31-14 Fiji
NZ 38-0 Canada

FRsGsvqakAAKBRY.jpeg.jpg

Ireland 17-14 USA
Australia 55-0 Spain

SF's from 0850 NZT.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ 26-14 France after trailing 12-14 at HT.

Aus score early v Ireland, 7-0.

HT 19-0

NZ v Aus GF just before 10 AEST.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thought NZ had dto ne enough to snatch that but when Hirini went off they seemed to lose composure & made a series of dumb errors that gifted Aus field position. That said, Aus were worthy winners of both the Leg & Series.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Thought NZ had dto ne enough to snatch that but when Hirini went off they seemed to lose composure & made a series of dumb errors that gifted Aus field position. That said, Aus were worthy winners of both the Leg & Series.
I still think NZ are the benchmark ahead of Aus. Was good for our mob to get this one in particular though. Obviously plenty more events before this year is out to see where each team is at.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ NZ really need to tip Aus over in Toulouse, don't want to go into Comm Games &R7WC with that "how do we beat these girls?" monkey on their backs.

Day 1 highlights.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.