• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World T20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Well, we don't have a thread yet, and it's started, so I'll make one.

Pool B
Zimbabwe 8/158 def Hong Kong 6/144
Afghanistan 5/170 def Scotland 5/156

Zimbabwe were too casual. Regular wickets fell early despite a quality start, and 3 wickets fell within 7 balls when 180ish was on the cards. Hong Kong did play reasonably well, but Zimbabwe should still be joining Group 1 in the Super 10.

Afghanistan were more clinical. Bar one or two miscommunicaes, batting was excellent, every player scored at 100 or above, and they took the 4th bowler and 2 all rounders for 86 off their 8 overs. Stock Scotland. Bowlers were threatening but too expensive, very good opening partnership (84 off 8.3 for no loss) then lost the openers and the number 3 within a 9 ball spell, then couldn't wrestle momentum back. Recording failed after 7 overs, so I haven't watched the collapse, don't think I can handle that.

Bangladesh play Netherlands and Ireland play Oman tonight, wins should come for the "home" sides in both instances.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ 126/7, Guptill the ultimate Guptill innings: ball one goes for six, ball two lbw Ashwin :)
India 79 in 18.1, Santner 4/11

Sets up the NZ v Straya match on Friday.............

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Nice win by NZ and it's even nicer to see India embarassed. Just hope your lot don't get too far ahead of themselves. 126 is a total India will chase down 99% of the time and it won't be enough to win another game this tournament.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pakistan 201/5 incl Shahid Afridi 49 off 19. Bangladesh 6/1 off their first over in reply.

Nice win by NZ and it's even nicer to see India embarassed. Just hope your lot don't get too far ahead of themselves. 126 is a total India will chase down 99% of the time and it won't be enough to win another game this tournament.

I doubt we'll see such spin-friendly conditions again this tournament.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
NZ are on fire. Have to be one of the favourites.

Aus on the other hand will be lucky to make the finals.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tough ask for us to make the finals. Have to beat both Pakistan and India at a time when we're not playing particularly well and still struggling to know what our best team is.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ are on fire. Have to be one of the favourites.

image.jpeg

Chur for that, bro.............

Personally I'm expecting Straya to stage a comeback of Lazarus proportion & likely go on to win the whole damn thing.......

image.jpeg

Right back atcha, bro :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Poms v Afghanistan, win the toss, yawn, 42/1 in the seventh & going along nicely, nek minnit its c&b, bowled without playing a shot, epic clusterfuck runout, 42/4 & oh shit, Sir, we appear to be in a tight spot, eh wot.

Oh dear, 50/5. Doesn't help Straya directly, of course, but I'm sure it'll ease the pain.........

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
After knocking out the Poms as hosts of the Rugby World Cup the Aussies can prove equally as popular as visitors in Mohali if they can beat India in the last of their respective pool matches, with only the victor to advance to the semis.

Dare I say that Watson seems to be enjoying an Indian summer and the depth of the Aussies' batting might just see them sneak over the line.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
No. India holds its nerve well to reel in Australia's under-par 6/160 by claiming victory with 5 balls to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.