• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Zoom

Zoom

• no fucken way

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • not my bag mate

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • can't I just get left alone? for 5 fucken minutes, I mean months?

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I love its sociability aspect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just want people to LISTEN to me.

• This fucken thing

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • turns out I really am a total humanphobe

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • zoombomb my cock

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • it's my saviour

• congratulations humanity, just the word "zoom" now makes me break out in fucken brain hives

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
How To Avoid Unconscious Bias on Zoom.

by Dr Raelene Gunston.

raeleneg.jpg

Gidday, dumbshits. Dr Raelene fucken Gunston here, chair of The Department of Liberal Post-Gender Studies at the University of Wollongong. Now then. Let's get straight down to brass tacks and discuss this highly-offensive patriachal media construct called "Zoom".

Zoom is a platform which promotes unconscious bias. That much is obvious. It propagates prejudice and stereotypes that are extrapolated from language, symbolism and nonverbal cues. These cues reinforce normative social identities with respect to gender, race, sexual preference, cocks, balls, nutsacks and socioeconomic status. For a further community-based example of one of these cues, my husband Mr Wayne Gunston has a cock like a pool cue but let's not go there right now.

For a working example of unconscious bias, when the virtual background of a Zoom meeting attendee has pictures of his or her wedding, it unintentionally reinforces the idea that marriage is most fitting between opposite sexes. Therefore, in order to not unconsciously offend minority Zoom participants, this wedding picture needs to be affirmatively action-balanced by the placement next to it of a photo of a 150kg lezzer bull dyke chick.

In fact, even a simple conversational icebreaker on Zoom can be a pathway for reinforcing dominant social norms and identities. In a recent video-conference, we were asked the ‘most fun thing you’ve done with your family during quarantine.’ Participant answers ranged from ‘gardening with my husband’ to ‘dance parties with my family'. While these experiences are valid they can crowd out the experiences of people with minoritized social identities.

Let's use macro-passive agendered bullet points to notorize these indiscrepencies;

• Not all minorities have a husband.
  • Not all minorities have a garden.
  • Not all minorities can dance.
  • Not all minorities have seen the film "Minority Report" starring Tom Cruise.
I could go on.

• Not all minorities are minors.
Okay, that's enough for now.

Another working example of unconscious bias in the Zoom diaspora is asking about “fun family things”. Such a microaggressive leading question may prevent cisgender goth trannies on Zoom from publicly reaffirming their cisgender goth tranny identities. This can lead to feelings of isolation and exclusion for those currently identifying themselves as present in the cisgender goth tranny community.

So, what can we do?

Here are some tips on how to mitigate unconscious bias and improve inclusivity.

Use Inclusive Language.

Using inclusive language validates participants’ diversity of experiences, whether that be lezzer, or bull dyke, or mangina positive, or gash taco neutral.

Symbolism.

Be conscious about what your “virtual environment” might symbolize. While virtual backgrounds may be a way for participants to express themselves, it is important to understand who is being excluded and included with these types of actions. If you DON'T have a huge fucken nazi swastika flag behind you, how do you think that makes the local right-wing skinhead fascist community feel? Without their comforting iconography there to make them feel included, this societal subset may feel excluded from the Zoom community, which in turn could potentially lead to feelings of isolation for this particular marginalised cohort.

Okay, I hope these informative tips help you to avoid unconscious bias while you are using the highly fucken offensive patriachal media construct called "Zoom".

Righto.

raeleneg.jpg

Dr Raelene Gunston

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Working from home is stupid. It's not even fucken "work" at all. No bloody way I'm actually going to get paid for this charade. I could sit here buck-naked from the waist down, nursing an ice cold beverage just off camera, surfing fucken discogs off the other browser, while downloading another terabyte of granny tranny grot off yet another browser, and still to all the world look like I'm "working from home".

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Working from home is stupid. It's not even fucken "work" at all. No bloody way I'm actually going to get paid for this charade. I could sit here buck-naked from the waist down, nursing an ice cold beverage just off camera, surfing fucken discogs off the other browser, while downloading another terabyte of granny tranny grot off yet another browser, and still to all the world look like I'm "working from home".
Don't nurse the frosty beverage under the table..........
shrinkage.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Beauty Tips For Using Zoom

Hello, my fellow urban professionals.

Trevor fucken Gunston here.

fune8.jpg

Today we are going to walk you uggo's through some Beauty Tips For Using Zoom.

There are many small tips we can follow to present our best side during a Zoom meeting.

Lighting

Use lighting coming from the side. The technical reasons for this are as follows in bullet-point format;
  • light from the side casts your face in shadows. This makes you look like a craggy tough guy movie star. Like Clint Eastwood. Or, Bela Lugosi if you're not me.
  • light from the side will make half of your face look well-lit and beautiful while the other half of your face will look like shit. People will focus on the beautiful half. After you fucken tell them to.

Use lighting from behind you. The technical reasons for this are as follows in bullet-point format;
  • it will make you look intimidating and staunch which is the only reason to use fucken Zoom in the first place
  • that is all.
  • no further bullet-pointed reasons for this one

Make sure the lighting is dim. The technical reasons for this are as follows in bullet-point format;
  • so cnuts can't see that you live in a fucken bumhole.
  • so cnuts reckon you look staunch and evil.
  • so cnuts start imagining you have kidnapped infants gagged and bound just off camera.
  • so cnuts can't see you are a horrible uggo.
  • so cnuts can't see the shadows cast by the kidnapped infants you have gagged and bound just off camera

Camera Angle.

Make sure you are looking down your nose at the camera set below you. The technical reasons for this are as follows in bullet-point format;

A-85885-1569814918-2319.jpeg.jpg