• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2024

RozzaBakes7

Banned
Hi Guys I'm new to these waters I have journeyed from the 2024 AIC page. Just want to expand my knowledge. Could someone please be so kind as to inform me on who the best hooker is in the GPS comp. Thankyou. - Bakes

Cheesyqdingle

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi Guys I'm new to these waters I have journeyed from the 2024 AIC page. Just want to expand my knowledge. Could someone please be so kind as to inform me on who the best hooker is in the GPS comp. Thankyou. - Bakes
Hey Mate welcome to the page, my prediction for hooker of the year would be John Grenfell.

Cheesyqdingle

Bob McCowan (2)
Predicted ladder
1st Nudgee
2nd TGS
3rd BBC
4th TSS
5th BGS
6th Terrace
7th Churchie
8th state high
I like your top 4 don't see any of those teams falling out of there. But I think BGS at 5th is outrageous I don't Terrace falling below Grammar and even in an off year for Churchie I don't seem them coming below Grammar aswell. I would slide state high up a little bit and IGS in the bottom 3 somewhere but overall decent prediction.

Cheesyqdingle

Bob McCowan (2)
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 9.04.19 am.png
Trials for the weekend.
GT vs BGS: GT
GT vs TSS: TSS
BGS vs TSS: TSS
TGS vs IGS: TGS
BBC vs ACGS: BBC
NC vs BSHS: NC

footyloverloverlover

Stan Wickham (3)
With the upcoming season only a couple months away and the AIC season just starting made me think of the old days were the GPS and AIC allstar games occured. Here is my prediction if the GPS created an allstar team let me know your thoughts.

1. Kingsley Uys (TSS)
  2. John Grenfell (NC)
  3. Princeton Ioane (NC)
  4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
  5. Bennet Armistead (NC)
  6. Hugo Hart (NC)
  7. Joey Grey (TGS)
  8. Teina Graham (NC)
  9. Sam Watson (NC)
  10. Dallas Ingram (TSS)
  11. Nick Conway (NC)
  12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
  13. Prestyn Laine-Sietu (NC)
  14. Amaziah Murgha (IGS)
  15. Jacob Johnson (NC)
Move Nick Weir (GT) into 1 and you pretty much have a completed team. Maybe Myles Rosemond in to 11 (TGS). Additionally, captain of the year is likely to be Nick Weir as well.

RossOvalGrandstands

Bob McCowan (2)
After watching Terrace's performances on the weekend I believe Oscar Spicer will be crucial in Terrace's successful campaign this year. Comes in at 5'11 95kg, he is the perfect dimensions for 13. His agility and speed off the mark is also impeccable for his weight. Prestyn from Nudgee better be on his A game when terrace round comes or else he'll be in for a shock. GT are you ready ready?

Taniela Mcreight

Frank Row (1)
After watching Terrace's performances on the weekend I believe Oscar Spicer will be crucial in Terrace's successful campaign this year. Comes in at 5'11 95kg, he is the perfect dimensions for 13. His agility and speed off the mark is also impeccable for his weight. Prestyn from Nudgee better be on his A game when terrace round comes or else he'll be in for a shock. GT are you ready ready?
Cheers Sonybill, if terrace want a legitimate shot at the premiership, I think its a no brainer to have Spicer at their 13.