• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
if that is the best they can do (sponsorship wise) with all of RA's contacts and support, it says to me RA must really be on the nose.
I would think RA would have been pushing hard to get some help financing the Rebs?
Maybe it's more money than it appears?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm not sure what Brumbies overall deal is worth, but it was supposed to be over $1.5 million for 2017 according to the Crimes...

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...-boost-clubs-bottom-line-20161206-gt4yeo.html
Rugby.com reported Brumbies had locked in plus500 until 2020. Value was reported in a few publication and had it around the million a year with Fairfax describing it as multi - million deal.

Tahs was described in several industry publications and Fairfax as "high six figure" oer year until 2020.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Happy enough with this re-signing, he needs to bide his time on the bench IMO tho, currently inferior to Talakai but he's young and props don't normally peak until around 30. Minus the past months results, the club appears to be fairly in a fairly stable situation atm.

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
Happy enough with this re-signing, he needs to bide his time on the bench IMO tho, currently inferior to Talakai but he's young and props don't normally peak until around 30. Minus the past months results, the club appears to be fairly in a fairly stable situation atm.

I agree, great signings for the club. Ainsley is in a bit of a form slump but I put a lot down to the issue at hooker. It will be very interesting to see how Charles goes tomorrow night. I can definately see him jumping into 1st choice in weeks to come.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hodge is a poor inside back. Plans of him being the wallabies 10 backup should be shelved. Him and Meakes couldn't unlock an open door. An even worse 10 highlighting their shortcomings. An international 10/12 like Hodge should be able to shine regardless of the crapness of his flyhalf.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Agreed - I'd push more to a utility wing as he does have the capacity to kick. But he should be immediately restricted from being a playmaker or supporting playmaker. He is not To'omua

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Anyone seen anything of Henry Hutchison lately? He played in the NRC last year, but I haven't seen him play in the Super Rugby comp this year. Looks like he gave up the opportunity to play 7s for Australia in the Commonwealth Games to play club rugby in Victoria. That's gotta hurt.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
Anyone seen anything of Henry Hutchison lately? He played in the NRC last year, but I haven't seen him play in the Super Rugby comp this year. Looks like he gave up the opportunity to play 7s for Australia in the Commonwealth Games to play club rugby in Victoria. That's gotta hurt.

Played Dewar Shield for Unicorns last two weeks

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Ruru was very poor last night. He's not an international 9 by any stretch of the imagination, let alone a quality Super Rugby 9. Makes letting Stirzy go/forcing Stirzy out after being the skipper even more disgraceful.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I have a feeling you might be wanting new coaches at end of the season...plus seeking out an inside centre and outside centre...and perhaps players who have more pride in their performance....

Status
Not open for further replies.