• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Richard+Hardwick+Super+Rugby+Rd+5+Waratahs+w0ibGJoAe2Zl.jpg

Richard Hardwick it is

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Reds fans if their team were completely chopped up by a Genia/Cooper combo :D

No bloody fear. Not by me anyway, I wouldn't stop laughing for a week. It'd be the sort of smack between the eyes the QRU badly need. It'd be sad for the magpies though - those guys are simply scintilating to watch, at least partly Quade's influence.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
It will be interesting to see the selection for flyhalf next time. What about the plan for Mad Dog to move into 10? Either way, if Hodge went to 10 we have plenty of choices at centre.

Given that Hodge has been playing crap all year, probably has a higher ceiling than Debra and the team, for the first time in a long time, actually fought themselves out of a bad position; I’d be pretty happy giving him a go at 10.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rebels looked a lot better with Hodge at 10 for the last 20 tonight.
You think so? I thought we went from little clue to no clue in the backline. If the brumbies were less successful at losing it would have been a very different story.

I thought it Was The forwards that did most Of The work digging us out of that. Well that and Hodge taking over the kicking

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Speaking of kicking, I thought Hodge's kicks for touch on the weekend were very good. Distance and accuracy, particularly the ones to the 5m line

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^Hodge kicking for touch has been consistantly on the better side all season. Just against the Brumbies we won the line outs to maintain the pressure on the opposition. The line out in SA was a big downfall.

Thought Timani has been really impressive the last two games off the bench, would really consider starting him at 8 with Mafi on the bench to allow Mafi some additional rest. We know his going to play every minute for Japan in June so giving him some extra rest before the Blues would be important.

Really need to break the Aussie streak against the Blues, think it's possible but need to perform for at least 70 minutes to beat the Blues. They are there own worst enemy when they are expected to win.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Agree on Timani, he has put in his best few performances for a couple of years. Actually think bench forward suits his game, and bring the emphasis onto him for impact instead of application which fits his strengths.

5 points need to be taken from the Sunwolves game, so best team possible needs to be picked

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
So whats our expectation for the end of season run?

Sunwolves (home)
Blues (away)
Waratahs (home)
Reds (away)
Highlanders (away)

Im expecting 2 wins and a bonus point, but ultimately i believe we need 3 wins to make finals and a couple of bonus points (most likely from the try bonus vs sunwolves and losing bonus from Blues, if they do come)

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)

Sunwolves (home)
Blues (away)
Waratahs (home)
Reds (away)
Highlanders (away)

Im expecting 2 wins and a bonus point, but ultimately i believe we need 3 wins to make finals and a couple of bonus points (most likely from the try bonus vs sunwolves and losing bonus from Blues, if they do come)
I think three wins - Sunwolves, Waratahs and Reds

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Sunwolves (home)
Blues (away)
Waratahs (home)
Reds (away)
Highlanders (away)

I think our best bets are Sunwolves (but after their smashing of the Reds it’s no certainty) and the Reds (assuming us being good, them being bad). Would love a win against the Blues and even away it is possible but maybe not this time. The Tahs are probably (as much as I hate to say it) the most consistent Aussie team this year so that will be a tough game and the Highlanders, well, let’s just hope it’s not a blood bath.

OneOrThree

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm shocked. It has been nearly two days since word about Luke Jones MAYBE coming back to the Rebels and not a single squeak on here. This is the interwebs people, it is the home of rampant and unqualified speculation. Now hop to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.