• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is Adams already back in NZ ? Not named to play club rugby in Melbourne yesterday. WILD SPECULATION time , QC (Quade Cooper) heading south ?

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Is Adams already back in NZ ? Not named to play club rugby in Melbourne yesterday. WILD SPECULATION time , QC (Quade Cooper) heading south ?
I think the only thing that would bring QC (Quade Cooper) south (salary cap issues aside) would be to play with his mate again.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Adams must be going back to NZ for opportunity rather than coin (I doubt ITM cups could compete with a base level Super contract)- another missed opportunity for Aus rugby with a talented ballplayer,

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ AFAIK the min & max Mitre 10 Cup salaries are $18K & $70K with a team total of just over $1Mn or a % of total revenue from all sources (NZR grants being by far the biggest), whichever is less.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hardly anyone gets $70K other than AB's (Unions get reimbursed ~$65K if the player is unavailable due to AB commitments). Even Super Rugby players likely only get ~$50K.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So this morning on ABC radio Catherine Murphy was talking about Maddocks resigning in the next couple of weeks and will be included in Wallabies squad for June tests.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So this morning on ABC radio Catherine Murphy was talking about Maddocks resigning in the next couple of weeks and will be included in Wallabies squad for June tests.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Hasn't really done much since the first few weeks.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone that entered the Julius Marlow Corp box competition, check your email there is 2 free tickets to tonight’s game. Brings some mates that might be keen

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Thought Taylor Adams looked decent when he came on. Hodge at 10 seemed to work as well.
The problem with Super Rugby is the season is really quite short, so unless injury or bad form hit, those on the fringes (like Taylor Adams, Jack McGregor etc) don’t get a run. At least with the English Premiership they also have the other comps within a comp that requires player rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.