• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
IMO - it needs quality sponsorship, i understand the schools concerns however its long term growth will be limited in its absence. It is such a suberb product that has enormous potential and scope. This is how you fix Australian rugby by spending money and promoting its quality grassroots products. Hats off Doubletake, for your work so far and I hope you get to take it to the next level for Australian rugby's sake.

Wombat70

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is it the schools that are resisting the sponsorship? If so ; it's a bit rich given the list of sponsors (car companies, private hospitals etc) that abound both on public address and physical installations at one school (at least) .

Am I correct in thinking that DoubleTake record every game and make them available to the schools for coaching purposes etc? If so they should be falling over themselves to provide good facilities for the camera crews.

Wombat70

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bye the way, I'd like to add my voice to the appreciation of your service. I think school rugby is by far the most entertaining rugby and I look forward to "the DoubleTake show" every weekend. I just wish we could get the other games as we did last year.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
I’m sure Tashara could hook you up . You should give him a call

Speaking of Tashara, where's the highlights reel from the BBC games on the weekend? Get your act together fella.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is it the schools that are resisting the sponsorship? If so ; it's a bit rich given the list of sponsors (car companies, private hospitals etc) that abound both on public address and physical installations at one school (at least) .

That would be the point. They want to protect their partners and not allow competing brands aligned to the broadcast.

Wombat70

Allen Oxlade (6)
When watching and listening to the stream one cannot help but see the signs and expensive car displays and hear the announcements thanking the sponsors. Surely this has the effect of disseminating their brands more widely . Is this not a selling point?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
When watching and listening to the stream one cannot help but see the signs and expensive car displays and hear the announcements thanking the sponsors. Surely this has the effect of disseminating their brands more widely . Is this not a selling point?

Exactly. Which is why they’d prefer no broadcast sponsors cluttering their message

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
Thanks Rob for your response and understand respecting the sponsorship.

This was on the QLD Rugby site.

On Saturday 6 October there will be a festival of Rugby at Ballymore with the Junior Gold Cup Final (U15s) to start the day, followed by the Junior Rugby Championship Final (U16s), leading into the Schools Fixtures.

Saturday October 6, Ballymore

Australian Schools Barbarians v Tonga, 3.30pm
Australian Schools v New Zealand Schools, 5pm

Thanks CS - we're generally involved with those events. Will follow up with the QRU/Rugby AU

WW Bench

Bob McCowan (2)
TSS v Ipswich

No escaping Ipswich is in for a flogging. TSS was in cruise mode against Terrace, they just wanted to make it a little more exciting given it was Old Boys Day. Not that they needed to make any of those boys more excitable, they were all remarkably fired up. Hayfever? I guess it is spring and there is a lot of pollen in the air because there was a lot of nose rubbing, sniffing and red eyes amongst them. Anyhow the TSS boys sailed past Terrace without any issue whatsoever and they will do the same to Ipswich this weekend. However it won't worry the swich at all, they will happily trade a flogging for a Yatala pie on the way home. TSS by 35.

BBC v Nudgee

Ok so this is interesting, and whilst my heart says that Nudgee is the sure things, my head would suggest that BBC could be a chance and they would certainly think they are, after last weekend against TGS. Although I expect, Nudgee will have to much power up front, however, there will be a lightning show between the outside backs and I think BBC has a little more up their sleeve in that area ( also big fan of that Ranga in the backline- I have liked him since trials) this will be a cracking storm to watch. Nudgee by 10

TGS v Churchie

This is the game that the Churchie Dad’s look forward to the most every 2 years. Gives them a chance to put on their shiny new RM’s and hopefully given the dry weather they might be able to get some dust on the Range Rover as they “go bush” to take on the Farmers. Although dust film aside, how good would it be if it was overcast and drizzling, leave the wood handled umbrella in the car because that drizabone hasn’t seen the light of day since the Brookfield pony club gala day in 2007. Now Churchie is starting to hit their straps and from what I have seen of them I don't see how the Farmers will trouble them. I am a fan of the farmers however they think that defense is four strands of barbed wire. They are switching up outside backs like a gypsy at a card table, which is causing some confusion. BBC played them like the bagpipes on the weekend and I am sorry Farmers, but lock up your women because the Vikings are going to ruck ( ? doesn’t sound right) and pilage. Churchie by 25

BGS v BSHS

BGS performed well against the Nudge, however it was a case of a handy little feather weight up against a heavy weight, all style and technique but no bang. BSHS will be more their weight class. BGS will have more structure than BSHS, and though the street kids will be hard to handle it wont be a major issue. Too well drilled and too much skill, BGS by 7

Wombat70

Allen Oxlade (6)
Very good WWBench - risqué - and as usual entertaining ( the TGS tip to pip TSS has been the only clue the you may have been blowing your nose a little too much that week).

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
TSS v Ipswich

No escaping Ipswich is in for a flogging. TSS was in cruise mode against Terrace, they just wanted to make it a little more exciting given it was Old Boys Day. Not that they needed to make any of those boys more excitable, they were all remarkably fired up. Hayfever? I guess it is spring and there is a lot of pollen in the air because there was a lot of nose rubbing, sniffing and red eyes amongst them. Anyhow the TSS boys sailed past Terrace without any issue whatsoever and they will do the same to Ipswich this weekend. However it won't worry the swich at all, they will happily trade a flogging for a Yatala pie on the way home. TSS by 35.

BBC v Nudgee

Ok so this is interesting, and whilst my heart says that Nudgee is the sure things, my head would suggest that BBC could be a chance and they would certainly think they are, after last weekend against TGS. Although I expect, Nudgee will have to much power up front, however, there will be a lightning show between the outside backs and I think BBC has a little more up their sleeve in that area ( also big fan of that Ranga in the backline- I have liked him since trials) this will be a cracking storm to watch. Nudgee by 10

TGS v Churchie

This is the game that the Churchie Dad’s look forward to the most every 2 years. Gives them a chance to put on their shiny new RM’s and hopefully given the dry weather they might be able to get some dust on the Range Rover as they “go bush” to take on the Farmers. Although dust film aside, how good would it be if it was overcast and drizzling, leave the wood handled umbrella in the car because that drizabone hasn’t seen the light of day since the Brookfield pony club gala day in 2007. Now Churchie is starting to hit their straps and from what I have seen of them I don't see how the Farmers will trouble them. I am a fan of the farmers however they think that defense is four strands of barbed wire. They are switching up outside backs like a gypsy at a card table, which is causing some confusion. BBC played them like the bagpipes on the weekend and I am sorry Farmers, but lock up your women because the Vikings are going to ruck ( ? doesn’t sound right) and pilage. Churchie by 25

BGS v BSHS

BGS performed well against the Nudge, however it was a case of a handy little feather weight up against a heavy weight, all style and technique but no bang. BSHS will be more their weight class. BGS will have more structure than BSHS, and though the street kids will be hard to handle it wont be a major issue. Too well drilled and too much skill, BGS by 7

The Ranga in BBC's backline (James Heinrich) has been playing very well. However, I believe the 12 that started the season (Tetuai Raoren) is back this week. Should be interesting to see what backline BBC roll out this weekend to keep their premiership hopes alive.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
I’m sure Tashara could hook you up . You should give him a call

Speaking of Tashara, where's the highlights reel from the BBC games on the weekend? Get your act together fella.

Yes yes... you're right. Silly things like 'real' work can get in the way of the important stuff sometimes. Will have something up by the end of the week :)

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Reno Gerrard has been selected for the u19's NRC tournament. I know he's a big body and a star for TSS, but I haven't seen much of him this year. How will he go at this step up? Is he mobile enough? What's his workrate like?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Merci. Do they do the live stream? I will be interstate on holiday at that time.
Normally streamed through the rugby.com.au site as per the National Champs . Last year they even had them on Foxtel, not sure if that is happening again .
I’m talking Aussie Schools and Barbarians 01/10 and 06/10 , would be great if all of Super Sat got some coverage .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk