• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2018 Spring Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
We are going to miss Hodge on this tour. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) becomes the backup guy. How is his pace these days?

Our last world class 13 (Mortlock) moved like a freight train in the last few years playing there. As long as AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) can hit the line with pace, draw + pass then I'll be happy.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Personally I think he should have rewarded someone else who has stayed in Australia and fought for the position. No one has set the world on fire but at least if he gave Billy Meakes or Tom English a shot for example you know they are 7 years younger so could develop into a future option, whereas AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is a desperate short term call.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
We are going to miss Hodge on this tour. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) becomes the backup guy. How is his pace these days?

He never had pace, or a pass. He does have good defence, good jackling skills and is safe under the high ball

Realistically, he is being looked at as cover for Kerevi and if he goes down ,.......

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Our last world class 13 (Mortlock) moved like a freight train in the last few years playing there. As long as AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) can hit the line with pace, draw + pass then I'll be happy.

Draw and pass. He wasn't able to do that before he left. Stick out a massive right hand palm on the other hand absolute world beater

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
He never had pace, or a pass. He does have good defence, good jackling skills and is safe under the high ball

Realistically, he is being looked at as cover for Kerevi and if he goes down ,...

Agree fp and the only bloke i've seen to tackle two people at the same time both high. haha

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)

Never seen him play before, I take it.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
It's a bit odd bringing in two-dad's-army from the top league when a) he was well and truly on the slide before he left 3+ years ago and he couldn't get a new deal with Bordeaux 18 months ago. That said, it's not at all unexpected as he is probably a good giggle on the beers and mates with the right people. I fully expect Drew Mitchell to be named late for the RWC squad. He can offer expert (well, whatever) commentary from the reserves bench or we can wire him up whilst he's in the middle a la the ref. Perhaps him, Beale and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) can room together and have one final boys trip blow out after we get pumped in the quarter final.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would be surprised if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) makes the final squad. Compared to Kerevi, Petaia and the other outside backs he is most likely way off the pace.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I would be surprised if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) makes the final squad. Compared to Kerevi, Petaia and the other outside backs he is most likely way off the pace.

I tend to agree, the only caveat is if Kerevi goes down two days before England, is Petaia a starting option? or do we shuffle again?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would guess that Folau comes back into 13. How far off is Kurindrani?
It would not be bad to see how Petaia goes at that level. Hopefully he gets plenty of time against Italy.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I would guess that Folau comes back into 13. How far off is Kurindrani?
It would not be bad to see how Petaia goes at that level. Hopefully he gets plenty of time against Italy.

The wobs production line suggests that Petaia is due a bench spot vs Italy this tour - with more opportunity next season

Status
Not open for further replies.