• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Hardly a "mini-camp", Joker. 55 boys + ~20 staff arrived in Dubbo at lunchtime Monday and trained / drilled / played internal trials until lunchtime today (Saturday). The squad was superbly hosted by various establishments in Dubbo - most pubs in Dubbo appear to be owned by Joeboys - and had their final dinner at the Commercial Hotel where some bloke called Scott Morrison dropped in and addressed the boys. Some trivia for the cognoscenti - ScoMo played prop for SHS 1sts in 1985.

Indeed AV. Joeys don't do anything "mini". They go everywhere en masse (usually in coaches).

I spent a weekend in Dubbo about 25 years ago for a mates wedding (Joeys old boy) and we stayed at the Castlereagh Hotel, which I think was owned by a Joeys Old Boy at that time. By the look of the images on google all the pubs in Dubbo have had significant facelifts in the past 25 years. :)

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
The Joeys boys attended the Anzac Dawn Service in Victoria Park with a very large crowd at 5:30am. The MC made special mention that in the true spirit of Anzac, the Joeys squad included both a Wallaby and an All Black amongst the staff.
Special prize to anyone who can name them...

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
The Joeys boys attended the Anzac Dawn Service in Victoria Park with a very large crowd at 5:30am. The MC made special mention that in the true spirit of Anzac, the Joeys squad included both a Wallaby and an All Black amongst the staff.
Special prize to anyone who can name them.

Having a stab...

Andrew Blades (w)
Steve Devine (ab)

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
A legend retires.

Br Anthony Boyd (1st XV coach for 22 years) and winner of 14 GPS premierships is retiring.
He was my dorm master, 4th form coordinator, history teacher, coaching mentor and good friend
For those who wish to learn more about his career, see the attachment.

Br Anthony, K Beale and J Ticehurst (co-coach of the 1st XV)

684212_640x360_large_20180613225224.jpg

Attachments

• Announcement to SJC Community re Br Anthony Boyd.pdf
    198.6 KB · Views: 1,159

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I didn't say you were wrong, Joker.

Blades was a no brainer but Devine was pulled out of my ass. Didn't know he was involved at all.
Never met the bloke but I do know he was born in the bush and was a bloody hard scrumhalf...but aren't all they all!

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Special prize to anyone who can name them.

Urban legend help that Br Emery "Archie" was an AB. Was he an attendee..?

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
So many generations of Joeys boys have a lot to thank Boydy for. Rare do you see these days the level of pure dedication that this main has demonstrated for literally decades and decades.

Thanks Tony.

A legend retires.

Br Anthony Boyd (1st XV coach for 22 years) and winner of 14 GPS premierships is retiring.
He was my dorm master, 4th form coordinator, history teacher, coaching mentor and good friend
For those who wish to learn more about his career, see the attachment.

Br Anthony, K Beale and J Ticehurst (co-coach of the 1st XV)

684212_640x360_large_20180613225224.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Urban legend help that Br Emery "Archie" was an AB. Was he an attendee..?

Dear community

A mate of mine here on the forum has emailed me to say that the retold story I shared here was incorrect and had errors. I apologise for the mistake and any harm it may have caused. Consider myself banned to the sin bin. If anyone knows the truth about Archie and his back ground I would love to know.

Joker (the red faced idiot)

41515.jpg

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I will never hear a bad word about Ritchie Mcaw because of this.
Thanks for a wonderful glimpse into rugby's heart and soul - mutual respect and a shared culture. Stories like this revive my love of the game and help put the current shenanigans into perspective.

Now if they would only bring back rucking.........

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Thanks for a wonderful glimpse into rugby's heart and soul - mutual respect and a shared culture. Stories like this revive my love of the game and help put the current shenanigans into perspective.

Now if they would only bring back rucking...

If there was rucking, there would have been no McCall and we still be speaking of the true wonders of Chris Roche. He may have been short in stature but he was definitely a giant-hearted performer who put his head where other wouldn't even put their feet. He was king in a time when being a ball sneak took huge courage and the ability to withstand size 12 boots rucking your back and head. Jean Pierre-Rives once said that Roche had a pretty face, but if he continued to play rugby like he did, he’d become very ugly. A great loss to the game.

33047.jpg

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
If there was rucking, there would have been no McCall and we still be speaking of the true wonders of Chris Roche. He may have been short in stature but he was definitely a giant-hearted performer who put his head where other wouldn't even put their feet. He was king in a time when being a ball sneak took huge courage and the ability to withstand size 12 boots rucking your back and head. Jean Pierre-Rives once said that Roche had a pretty face, but if he continued to play rugby like he did, he’d become very ugly. A great loss to the game.

33047.jpg

Enjoyed watching him play. Had such a huge motor he seemed to be first to every single breakdown and making several tackles in a row.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)

Now if they would only bring back rucking...

Apologies flanker, I made a mistake. Please see my correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.