• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2019

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Also thinking about raising an important issue with subbies this week - blatant racism on the part of the match officials.

3 of our 4 Fijian players received yellow cards yesterday. Absolutely cost us the game. Pretty much played 10 minutes with 13 and they scored 2 tries. 12 white guys - 0 yellows. Coincidence? Questionable....

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Also thinking about raising an important issue with subbies this week - blatant racism on the part of the match officials.

3 of our 4 Fijian players received yellow cards yesterday. Absolutely cost us the game. Pretty much played 10 minutes with 13 and they scored 2 tries. 12 white guys - 0 yellows. Coincidence? Questionable..

We had a shocking example of this up at Terrey Hills a couple of years ago.

The guy made a point of walking out 10 steps to get out guys onside at every lineout.

One of our guys was clever enough and took them back 20 at one lineout, when he looked up to check and do his normal routine he realised he was gonna run his 10 steps and not be able to force the guys back.

Terrey Hills even joked with us at the pub about it.

The trouble with what you're saying though, you can never prove it.

Rugby Ref

Herbert Moran (7)

3 of our 4 Fijian players received yellow cards yesterday. Absolutely cost us the game. Pretty much played 10 minutes with 13 and they scored 2 tries. 12 white guys - 0 yellows. Coincidence? Questionable..

What game was this yesterday? What were the offences for the 3 x yellow cards?

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
I don't even need to go back and check your tips.

I know you'll give us a fascinating little report on how well you went each Sunday.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and I for one, love it. Now that you've given me the ammo, I shall continue to tip snd I shall continue to gloat when I pick well. Chin chin xx

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Talking points from Div 4:

Oatley Thirds flogged 0-28, then they forfeited Seconds and got utterly smashed 5-62 in First Grade. Looks like they had about 28 players total for the day in a home game. Was there some other event on causing a player drain, or are we seeing problems at the club?

Canterbury beat Briars 0-5 in McLean Cup, and The Berries had 3 yellow cards for repeat infringements. Match get called early? Ambulance get called? Seems like a low score for two teams who can find the tryline.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What game was this yesterday? What were the offences for the 3 x yellow cards?

Brothers v Iggies First Grade.

Brothers card has: Intentionally or repeating offending x 2 then "Illegal Tackling".

Iggies card has: Intentionally or repeatedly offending x 3.

So they don't match up for starters.

Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bye Last count over 100 cases were consumed and the BBQ cleaned out of over 500 steaks, snags and rissoles.

Rugby League response to the 100 cases consumed (presume a block of 30 cans x 100-the mind boggles).

Yeah-nah, full credit to the toilets today. You know, they put their hands up and drained 110%. Full credit to the 3000 beers, you know, they gave it their best shot but our toilets were up to it. Drained well all week and wee talked about it during this a training that um, you know, that the number 1 thing to think about is that you don't want to get caught needing a number 2 when there is so much number 1 about.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Brothers v Iggies First Grade.

Brothers card has: Intentionally or repeating offending x 2 then "Illegal Tackling".

Iggies card has: Intentionally or repeatedly offending x 3.

So they don't match up for starters.

Haha no look I am being facetious.... 1 was for foul play and deserved no complaints. The other 2 for repeat infringements maybe not..

What I would say though is that over the years, if I'd make a questionable 50/50 high tackle or lifting tackle I'd probably get away with a warning whereas my Fijian teammates are getting 10 minutes every time without question. Refs definitely come in with pre conceived ideas.

I get they're doing their best though - I don't envy them

uziel malifa

Bob McCowan (2)

Oatley Thirds flogged 0-28, then they forfeited Seconds and got utterly smashed 5-62 in First Grade. Looks like they had about 28 players total for the day in a home game. Was there some other event on causing a player drain, or are we seeing problems at the club?

Canterbury beat Briars 0-5 in McLean Cup, and The Berries had 3 yellow cards for repeat infringements. Match get called early? Ambulance get called? Seems like a low score for two teams who can find the tryline.

it was a quite a sad turn out from the boys yesterday. i got to the game yesterday and play for oatley yesterday all i saw was a few oatley guys setting up or sitting in the tent and about 20 or 30 harlequins players all jumping running running at each other. the reasons varied lol frightening thing was we had more players at last weeks away game then yesterdays game lmao and yes we did get flogged in thirds but we will come back stronger. guess thats what happens when people have a host of reasons why they can't come

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)

From memory, if you forfeit a higher grade, all lower grades are forfeit. That's what it used to be. Have things changed. I know the thinking was to avoid stacking lower grades to guarantee wins and avoid getting smashed but the flip side was safety. Has this been looked at?

Danny Dribbler

Frank Row (1)

From what I am hearing from my contact at the ARU, it isn't racism. The ARU has instructed all of their staff to punish anyone with Christian beliefs & this starts on field.

Danny Dribbler

Frank Row (1)
Rumour Ron picks 15 out of 22. Nearly 70% is not too shabby.

Perfect picks in Div1 and Div3.

Maybe old Ronnie boy isn't as much of a dipshit as you lot think.

They hate us cos they ain't us my dear Ronnie boy. I'm still waiting for everyone to dismiss any gossip that we have shared. Is it because we only speak the truth? Maybe everyone needs us to tell them what is happening at their own clubs before they hear it at training which says alot about how clubs are being run these days.

Danny Dribbler

Frank Row (1)
Savers are their usual fit selves, tho their lineout was rusty and we took it to them physically in close. Two yellow cards for stupid tackles didn't help us at all, and that needs addressing.

Bar a couple of mistakes the game would have been closer, but again: don't train together and don't work on your fitness, that's what you get.

Pfitzy, It feels like you just copy & paste your match report every week since it is always the same things happening every Saturday? Maybe the coaches you have paid decent money for aren't paying their way? If you look at a lot of higher divisions, paying coaches doesn't actually guarantee success, but at least your team has scored a try this season.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy, It feels like you just copy & paste your match report every week since it is always the same things happening every Saturday? Maybe the coaches you have paid decent money for aren't paying their way? If you look at a lot of higher divisions, paying coaches doesn't actually guarantee success, but at least your team has scored a try this season.

Plus ça change

S

Show-n-go

Oatley has been on a bit of a slide for a number of years now, really needs to someone to re-set the club and start again

10 years ago they were the dominant junior team in the area both in terms of numbers and player quality, now they really struggle

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
by golly they were good 10 years back i tell you there juniors were good, the senior were better but the atmosphere at home games sounded more like a movie cinema at times lol the juniors were on one field and the seniors were on the other field and they would make enough noise too scare the juniors into thinking something was coming but now theres some supporters but nowhere near the movie cinema that scared the juniors, the juniors have only three or four teams and the seniors are ok but need more players and player commitment. put years ago 10 years ago three or maybe four of their junior teams believed it was perfectly ok to tower over their individual opponents.
The more times I read this the less I understand it.

uziel malifa

Bob McCowan (2)
The more times I read this the less I understand it.

i mean oatley had gun juniors, they had terrific seniors but the atmosphere at home games for seniors was another level but now theres not many juniors, not enough support at home and seniors is good but could be better. sorry i deleted the other post because i realised that i typed wayyyyy too much lmao soz its sad when some players that are quiet local didn't come but a few that come from parramatta/fairfield and further out are able to stay until 4.30 lol

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
They hate us cos they ain't us my dear Ronnie boy. I'm still waiting for everyone to dismiss any gossip that we have shared. Is it because we only speak the truth? Maybe everyone needs us to tell them what is happening at their own clubs before they hear it at training which says alot about how clubs are being run these days.

Oh Danny boy... the pipes, the pipes are calling. But in your case, I think it's the ice pipes.

I don't know why they hate me. Perhaps they think I'm someone else but we all know why they hate you.

S

Show-n-go

i mean oatley had gun juniors, they had terrific seniors but the atmosphere at home games for seniors was another level but now theres not many juniors, not enough support at home and seniors is good but could be better. sorry i deleted the other post because i realised that i typed wayyyyy too much lmao soz its sad when some players that are quiet local didn't come but a few that come from parramatta/fairfield and further out are able to stay until 4.30 lol

I think the problem was that golden period we had meant pretty much zero juniors carried on to seniors, all those guys that wanted to keep playing footy were all really high level players

There’s more oatley juniors playing semi-professional/professional footy than there is playing park footy