• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2019

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
Div1 - all the away teams comfortably

Div2 - Lindfield, Forest, Pats, Epping (My mail is that both Lindfield and Epping were missing a handful of regular first graders last week. I expect them both to have closer to full rosters this week. Both those sides to win well).

Div3 - Iggies in a bludger, Blacktown too big, HV to bounce back, and I'll buck the trend and take the Reddies over HAC in a high scoring encounter

Div 4 - Macq Uni, Berries, Irish and the Quinns

Div 5 and 6 - Convicts, Lice, Lions, Covies, Raptors and DY

ValleyGirl

Bob McCowan (2)
Hot off the wire. Here are my tips for the weekend.

Div 3 -​
Brothers vs Iggies - Hoping to get down to the ground for this one, should be a ripper of a game. Heard the mercurial Brothers flanker from last year played 12 last week? Hopefully that is corrected soon, that head needs to be obscured by a scrum. I'm calling a DRAW here.​
Newport vs Blacktown - Can the surprise packets back it up this week? I think so... They're too good for Newport in more ways than one. B'Town by 12​
Redfield vs HAC - Anyone tipping against HAC this year needs their head examined. HAC by 20+​
Valley vs Beecroft - I love my Valley Battlers - The Blue Baggers by 10. Hope there is plenty of chat on the sidelines from the bloke from Valley who looks like the unhealthy BUPA version of Adam Reynolds.​

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Div 1-
Colleagues vs MOSMAN- Whales in a tight one. 3-7
Knox vs REDs- my early prediction of Knox being the surprise packet looks dead and buried. Was expecting a stronger side, perhaps injuries taking toll. REDs by 10
Waves vs SHAMMiES- shammies by 7 against an improved and determined waves.
Balmain vs BM - mountains to big and strong by 15

Div2-
Bobs vs LINDFIELD - I actually find these clubs to be two of the nicer north of the Bridge. Going to go with the pack of Lindfield to edge Barker. Although Lindfield must contain BOBS backs. Lindfield by 3.
FOREST vs Hunters hill - needed to pick a home side. By 3
St PATS vs Hilss- Pats looking like early favourites. 20+
Epping vs UNSW - uni to bounce back by 12

Doc 3-
Brothers vs IGGIEs - a depleted and Fijian less Brothers to be gallant by go down swinging against iggies. 12+
Newport vs BLACKTOWN - interesting game. Will the warriors travel?? BT by 10
Rob vs HAC - rob to be gallant by HAC to big by 10
HV vs beecroft - valley to win this one easy. 20+

Look, we are a chance of being lightly seasoned......

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Hot off the wire. Here are my tips for the weekend.

Div 3 -

Brothers vs Iggies - Hoping to get down to the ground for this one, should be a ripper of a game. Heard the mercurial Brothers flanker from last year played 12 last week? Hopefully that is corrected soon, that head needs to be obscured by a scrum. I'm calling a DRAW here.

Newport vs Blacktown - Can the surprise packets back it up this week? I think so. They're too good for Newport in more ways than one. B'Town by 12

Redfield vs HAC - Anyone tipping against HAC this year needs their head examined. HAC by 20+

Valley vs Beecroft - I love my Valley Battlers - The Blue Baggers by 10. Hope there is plenty of chat on the sidelines from the bloke from Valley who looks like the unhealthy BUPA version of Adam Reynolds.

You're quite right Mr Girl. That "Player 12" was pretty majestic in the loose last year wasn't he.

hahaha agreed - how good is fat Adam Reynolds. Send him my regards.

The Burke

Stan Wickham (3)
Div 1 - all away teams
Div 2 - all home teams
Div 3 - all away teams
Div 4 - all away teams except saints
Div 5 - all home teams
Div 6 - all home teams

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
Hunters Hill seem to have forgotten how to score tries this year. Only 3 penalties against St Pat's last week, and zero points against Forest today.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Newport vs Blacktown.

A massive crowd was on hand day at Porters with 4 tough games played in tremendous but willing spirit. Blacktown are enormous throughout the grades and their back lines in each grade are sharp, quick and skilful. Im not joking, their 3rd pack must weigh in over a ton. Huge men!

In first grade Newport were down 17-0 after 15 mins but came back to go into the break down 24-14. An early try to the Breakers in the 2nd half was nullified by 2 Blacktown penalties. Two tries in the last 10 minutes with the last on the bell sent the crowd into meltdown.

Full credit to the Blacktown players and officials whom were first class all day. Wild sciences in the clubhouse as the two groups came together arm in arm in celebration for the boat race and goes to show just how good subbies rugby can be.

Bye Last count over 100 cases were consumed and the BBQ cleaned out of over 500 steaks, snags and rissoles.

if only some of the muppets from the ARU were there to see grassroots rugby at its best

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Heavyd - "Full credit to the Blacktown players and officials whom were first class all day. Wild sciences in the clubhouse as the two groups came together arm in arm in celebration for the boat race and goes to show just how good subbies rugby can be.

Bye Last count over 100 cases were consumed and the BBQ cleaned out of over 500 steaks, snags and rissoles.

if only some of the muppets from the ARU were there to see grassroots rugby at its best"

Absolutely Brilliant!!! That's what Rugby is all about. Wish I was there!!!

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Newport vs Blacktown.

A massive crowd was on hand day at Porters with 4 tough games played in tremendous but willing spirit. Blacktown are enormous throughout the grades and their back lines in each grade are sharp, quick and skilful. Im not joking, their 3rd pack must weigh in over a ton. Huge men!

In first grade Newport were down 17-0 after 15 mins but came back to go into the break down 24-14. An early try to the Breakers in the 2nd half was nullified by 2 Blacktown penalties. Two tries in the last 10 minutes with the last on the bell sent the crowd into meltdown.

Full credit to the Blacktown players and officials whom were first class all day. Wild sciences in the clubhouse as the two groups came together arm in arm in celebration for the boat race and goes to show just how good subbies rugby can be.

if only some of the muppets from the ARU were there to see grassroots rugby at its best

I've always said there is nothing better than wild sciences...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Interesting game at James Morgan for us yesterday. Dee Why, after getting handily beaten by Wakehurst in Round 1, had size and pace out wide in Round 2 against us. I'm told a local rugby league competition collapsed, and we ended up on the receiving end of some big boys with offload skills.

They put 3 tries on us before we even had possession, but we got back into it using phase play to put on some nice tries of our own. I reckon they had about 2 phases per try, while we had about 8. Will be interesting to see what their travelling side is like.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting to see BOBs 3rds struggling up a Div as they were last years Premiers and had a side full of long in the tooth ex first graders. Maybe the 50 year celebration and a Premiership was enough for them to head into retirement.

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
Great tipping from Rumour Ronnie Palmer...

Div1 4 from 4
Div2 4 from 4
Div3 1 from 4 (not so good)
Div4 4 from 4
Div 5 3 from 3
Div 6 2 from 3

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Newport vs Blacktown.

Does this mean even the lowly likes of us are invited back into the clubhouse next week?

Can't wait to share a few frothies with you big fella.. I'll get my speech ready.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Great tipping from Rumour Ronnie Palmer.

Div1 4 from 4
Div2 4 from 4
Div3 1 from 4 (not so good)
Div4 4 from 4
Div 5 3 from 3
Div 6 2 from 3

I don't even need to go back and check your tips.

I know you'll give us a fascinating little report on how well you went each Sunday.